This competition is open to anyone personally living with diabetes (type 1 or type 2), or a parent caregiver of a child with diabetes. Applicants must be age 16 or older by June 20, 2014. In the case of winners younger than age 18, they would be required to be accompanied to the Summit by a parent or guardian.
Submissions can be made from May 19 through June 20, 2014, at 5 pm PST. Winners will be announced in early July 2014.
- All entrants must submit at least one legitimate diabetes product video review to the new DiabetesMine Test Kitchen; the review must be received and approved by our editors by June 19, 2014.
- All entrants must complete this entry form, with essay portions, by close of submissions.
→ Note that by submitting an entry for the DiabetesMine™ Patient Voices Contest, submitters agree to the following legal considerations:
(all the necessary legalese)
1. No purchase necessary to enter or win a prize. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Entrants agree to irrevocably allow DiabetesMine™ to post contest-related materials free of charge on its website, partner websites, or other venues where contest material shall be promoted, royalty-free. Do not submit any material of which you are not the legal owner.
3. Materials submitted may be published in the public domain, royalty-free, by the contest organizers, in conjunction with promotions of this competition. All efforts on the part of DiabetesMine™ will be in good faith to maintain correct acknowledgment of the submitter.
4. DiabetesMine™ reserves the right to accept or decline any materials submitted.
5. Entrants agree that Submission Materials shall not contain, include or involve any obscenity, crude, vulgar or offensive images, or any other content deemed inappropriate by the contest organizers.
2014 Selection Committee
The judges selecting scholarship recipients this year include Amy Tenderich and Mike Hoskins of DiabetesMine, along with two great active advocates in the Diabetes Community:
We’re proud to have their assistance, and to welcome them as participants in our 2014 Innovation Summit as well!