This competition is open to anyone personally living with diabetes (type 1 or type 2), or a parent caregiver of a child with diabetes. Applicants must reside in the United States, and be age 16 or older by June 12, 2012.
Submissions can be made beginning May 1, 2012, until June 12, 2012, at 11:59 pm PST. The winners will be announced on Wednesday, June 27, 2012.
- Entries must be in the format of 2-3 minute video uploaded to YouTube.
- One submission per individual only, please.
- The video content must be uniquely created by the submitter, and must not infringe or violate the rights* of any third parties.
Each Submission Must Include:
- A title reflecting the name of the entrant. Submissions with generic titles like “DiabetesMine Contest” may be dismissed, as they become impossible to locate and track.
- The 2012 DiabetesMine™ Patient Voices title screen, available for download here. Each video segment must display this screen at the beginning and end for five seconds.
- The tag “DBMine2012” on YouTube. Don’t forget to tag your video when uploading! Submissions will be then added by us to the DiabetesMine™ YouTube Channel.
- A brief description of the biggest challenges in diabetes design and diabetes care. Watch the video that gives you a 3-step guide to making your submission!
→ Note that by submitting an entry for the DiabetesMine™ Patient Voices Contest, submitters agree to the following:
(all the necessary legalese)
1. No purchase necessary to enter or win a prize. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Entrants agree to irrevocably allow DiabetesMine™ to post materials free of charge on its website, partner websites, or other venues where contest material shall be promoted, royalty-free. Do not submit any material of which you are not the legal owner.
3. Materials submitted may be published in the public domain, royalty-free, by the contest organizers, in conjunction with promotions of this competition. All efforts on the part of DiabetesMine™ will be in good faith to maintain correct acknowledgment of the submitter.
4. DiabetesMine™ reserves the right to accept or decline any materials submitted.
5. Entrants agree that Submission Materials shall not contain, include or involve any obscenity, crude, vulgar or offensive images, or any other content deemed inappropriate by the contest organizers.