1. Mary Dexter
    Mary Dexter June 18, 2014 at 5:38 am | | Reply

Thank you for writing about the emotional damage that diabetes causes our lives and our relationships with others.

2. Mike Ratrie
    Mike Ratrie June 18, 2014 at 7:03 am | | Reply

Great post! I definitely feel “naked” without my CGM attached, and I am frequently flipping the case open to see how I am trending, which in turn helps me take action before an “excursion”.

3. Sue Berger
    Sue Berger June 18, 2014 at 8:28 am | | Reply

What a terrific article. When I come into contact with all the PWD’s who so desperately need the CGM, I continually find it so hard to understand Medicare’s stance and the awful word “precautionary”. My husband has been without a CGM for almost a year now and every day is a worry that something awful will happen. That worry would be taken away if Medicare would cover it. We have been in the legal process for almost two years now and are at Level 4 of the appeals process and will continue to keep going in the hopes that Medicare will change the guideline. My blogs on testguessandgo.com encourage PWD and their friends to write their congresspeople and ask them to support H.R. 3710, the Medicare CGM Coverage Act. In the meantime, articles such as yours point out the importance of having a CGM, not only to enhance your life but to keep yourself and others safe.

4. Ruth
    Ruth June 18, 2014 at 3:29 pm | | Reply

How is the fact that Medicare won’t cover CGMs any different from what happened with the Veteran’s Hospitals failure to provide care for our veterans? This is criminal and deserves the same kind of investigation and publicity. People are actually dying because they are being allowed quality devices that can literally saves their lives.

5. DiabetesMine – Why My CGM Makes Me (Slightly) Happier

[...] Read more [...]

6. Allison
    Allison June 19, 2014 at 12:50 pm | | Reply

This is fantastic. Great story and thanks for sharing it. I’ve had type 1 for nearly 20 years and got my CGM last fall. It’s been a bigger blessing than I’d thought it would be… but the only drawback is that one of my friends complained to me that I talked way too much about my blood sugar levels on a recent weekend trip we took! ;)

7. mia-simone
    mia-simone August 3, 2014 at 3:56 pm | | Reply

Im so grateful to come across articles like this one.This story is such a good one. :-) Sometimes being a Type1 diabetic (14 years) makes you feel like you are so alone with this disease and that no one really understands what you are going through. I should have my CGM soon and was just notified that it was covered. I had gone without one for years because my body would warn me when I was experiencing a low but now it no longer does that. :-( The warning signs are so subtle that im not aware of what is actually going on with my body. Im terrified to sleep at night thinking that I might not wake up the next day and one of these episodes actually landed me in the ER. I actually feel that some of these companies cover these devices because they they want to keep shelling out money for ER visits.
    Anyway, Im just so happy that this technology exists. :-)