1. kathy
    kathy June 3, 2014 at 4:52 am | | Reply

As someone with some buyers remorse with my Medtronic CGM because of its tendency to be inaccurate, I’m hoping that Dexcom might answer with a similar “deal”. Sorry, Medtronic, but its true.

2. Marjorie
    Marjorie June 3, 2014 at 6:21 am | | Reply

I love that the CGM and Pump work together with the low threshold suspend, but the sensors fall short in the nighttime due to unreliable low predictions, that aren’t true lows. The worse thing is that this is when you would want these predictions the most. also the My Scentry hasn’t been approved in Canada yet, and even with a baby monitor in my daughter’s room we still have difficulty hearing the pump alarms. In all honesty, we haven’t used the CGM part for about 3 months now.

3. Carol
    Carol June 3, 2014 at 7:18 am | | Reply

In my experience, Minimed makes a good solid pump, and a subpar CGM. I recently switched to a Dexcom G4 (formerly used the minimed CGM and finally gave up and left it sitting in a drawer unused). I cannot believe how much more accurate the Dexcom is for me. MM could pay me a salary and I would not switch back to their CGM. And no way do I want an automatic suspend function based on lousy data. Having the display on the pump is nice, but an accurate trend line is much nicer. I just hope minimed doesn’t chase the CGM market so hard that they lose sight of what they actually do well — a solid pump with good customer service behind it.

4. Pslab
    Pslab June 3, 2014 at 9:42 am | | Reply

Medtronic Begins Initial European Market Launch of World’s First Combined Glucose Sensor and Insulin Infusion Set for People with Diabetes

Check this out

5. D
    D June 3, 2014 at 10:13 am | | Reply

I have a Medtronic pump + DexG4 CGM. I’m a prior Medtronic CGM user, although I haven’t tried Enlite, and this offer wouldn’t sway me because I believe the G4 is more accurate for me, even though I love my pump and I love the idea of low threshold suspend and the future predictive suspending that will hopefully be coming in the next few years.

However, I do think it’s worth considering this topic from the perspective of: how many people with diabetes are NOT on CGMs? The barrier might be financial or any number of reasons. If this offer gets them on board/considers ANY CGM use, I think it’s overall a good thing. For many, making the switch to pump and/or CGM is a big step; I hope offers like this continue to exist and help people consider the possibility of using this technology.

6. David
    David June 3, 2014 at 2:43 pm | | Reply

Better for Medtronic to focus on improving their system. I feel bad for anyone who doesn’t realize what a bad deal this is. There’s always a few PWD’s who can get equal performance out of Medtronic but overall Dexcom is the clear leader.

7. Michael
    Michael June 3, 2014 at 2:54 pm | | Reply

Could it be that the Animas Vibe is just around the corner?
    Medtronic May be getting nervous, and rightly so.
    I will NEVER own a Medtronix product ever again.
    Inferior BS.

8. T1 momma of 2
    T1 momma of 2 June 3, 2014 at 3:25 pm | | Reply

NO WAY would I go to a definite SUB-PAR product, such as MM, to a far SUPERIOR product such as my Dexcom! I started on MM when they were simply Medtronic, the “service” and product just sucked. The “sales staff” were the most viscous and defamatory people I have ever met! The propriety of sets/reservoirs etc sucked! I think MM is getting scared! They should! Cozmo was the BEST pump ever, and MM killed them! Shame, shame, shame on MM! Largest company doesn’t mean best! Go suck a rotten egg MM, I would rather go to MDI then anything MM ever!

9. George Davis
    George Davis June 3, 2014 at 3:39 pm | | Reply

If Medtronic hired engineers instead of lawyers, they would have a better product. Medtronic put Smith’s Medical (Cozmo – the best pump on the market) out of business, and I will never, ever, own another Medtronic product.

10. Christian
    Christian June 3, 2014 at 8:33 pm | | Reply

I loved my Mini med 508, but I started not liking Mini Med after there paradime pump. I do like the idea of a pump and CGM combined. That is why i am waiting out for the Vibe pump. I will say though, that what mini med is doing is not unethical. In fact I am glad to see that they are realizing they have competition. The ones that come out on top will be the customers, unless things start getting unethical and fictitious law suits come into play, then no one wins.

11. Candace
    Candace June 3, 2014 at 9:55 pm | | Reply

My husband and 2 of our 3 kids (ages 6 and 8) have T1 diabetes. All 3 of mine are on Medtronic pumps with Enlite sensors and we LOVE them. 95% of the time, our sensors are within 10 points of a finger poke and I love the fact that they are integrated. Seriously, can you imagine trying to keep 3 pumps and 3 CGM receivers straight?!?! Plus, I adore threshold suspend.as my husband works out of town and I’m on my own for nighttime checks. It’s nice to know if I miss a low their CGM and pump has my back. That being said, every diabetic is different. Just like some love being on MDIs and others love their pumps, we need CGM options. One size does not fit all.

12. elburritobandito
    elburritobandito June 4, 2014 at 6:46 am | | Reply

There is a very simple reason that companies offer trade in programs. If you are dissatisfied with the switch, you can’t go back on your previous (if functional) device. A moderately unhappy 530g/Enlite user who has traded in their G4 receiver (and sensors??) likely won’t return the 530g due to hassle factor.. They will grin and bear it unless they are very unhappy. Its insurance against product returns for Medtronic, and an incentive to buy… plain and simple.

13. Donna
    Donna June 22, 2014 at 7:35 am | | Reply

Folks might want to see comments on the Facebook site, Medtronic Insulin Pump, before trading in their Dexcom.