1. June S.
    June S. May 16, 2014 at 6:53 am | | Reply

RE: Cords …. I have discovered that the cord for my Kindle can charge my iBGStar meter (and vice-versa, I suppose!)

2. Merle Gleeson
    Merle Gleeson May 16, 2014 at 6:58 am | | Reply

Mike – this is a great idea. I also have a label on the back of my Dex that says “This is a medical device. If found call (phone #) That has come in handy twice already – once when I left it at the gym and other time it slipped out of my pocket.

3. Karen
    Karen May 16, 2014 at 7:48 am | | Reply

It doesn’t surprise me that you two are brimming with fantastic hacks. I especially appreciate the sushi tip – I only eat California Rolls but I’m never ever sure how to carb count them. I feel better prepared for next time though (I’m thinking maybe sushi for lunch today – you know, for scientific research purposes . . . . )

4. Lyrehca
    Lyrehca May 16, 2014 at 8:39 am | | Reply

On the spin class hack, wouldn’t you drink the liquid carbs if you were 140 or LOWER? (Right now it says higher). Or am I missing something?

Funny, I always counted 10 carbs per roll (small) piece, with brown rice, and 15 carbs for white rice rolls. YMMV!

5. Kelley
    Kelley May 16, 2014 at 10:42 am | | Reply

Oh I love the sushi tip! I struggle with sushi so bad when going out to eat. Thanks for sharing! :)

6. katy
    katy May 16, 2014 at 8:54 pm | | Reply

These are true hacks, in the tradition of the greatest! Aired out Listerine container! Using the old insulin to prime!

We’ve been guessing 5g CHO per piece for avocado maki. Next time I’m going to boldly boop that up to 6g pp. You have given me courage!

7. DBW #7 I Like | Bigfoot Child Have Diabetes

[...] Listerine hack. Sippy cup hack. Annoy me at another time hack. A new excuse to buy tiny stickers. A snapshot = so [...]

8. Puddin
    Puddin May 19, 2014 at 10:27 am | | Reply

I always wondered why strip manufacturers insist on bulky cylindrical containers. I know they have to be protected against humidity and airflow and who knows what else. But can’t you do that in a container shaped like the Listerine box???

9. Glen S
    Glen S May 22, 2014 at 6:39 am | | Reply

As an Omnipod user with the standard silicone case around my PDM, I slide my used strips after a test between the case and the PDM and just dump it out at the end of the day. Truthfully, though, I sometimes wait until the end of the week and dump out dozens at one time. :)

10. William
    William May 23, 2014 at 11:24 am | | Reply

I moved my pump from a waist band to the shirt breast pocket by cutting a 0.5 inch slit in the rear lower right corner of the pocket. Just push the reservoir and attached infusion set thru the slit and connect to the pump. Benefits: tubing remains completely hidden and no snagging, easy quick pump access, less infusion set lengths required, more central and reliable CGM signal reception. Cons: Non. Now to find “T” shirts with pockets for the more casual dress.

11. Eric Nagel
    Eric Nagel June 10, 2014 at 5:26 am | | Reply

Great ideas. Mike uses a diabetic bag, which is a great must have for anyone with diabetes. I use a bag from ChillMED.

12. Donna G
    Donna G August 8, 2014 at 2:12 pm | | Reply

Lowering Dawn Phenomenon for Type 2 hack. I’ve lowered mine with Milk thistle (cleanses Liver) and 5-HTP (tryptophan-same stuff in turkey and milk) I take them right before I go to bed.