D-blogger and advocate Melissa Lee reviews the Asante Snap Pump and tells why it’s one of her favorite D-devices!
REVIEWER’S BREAKDOWN -
- exceptionally lightweight and low-profile
- extremely fast auto-priming and infusion set/cartridge changes
- uses a 300mL glass Humalog pen cartridge, so likelihood of introducing air bubbles into the system is decreased
- no battery to change or charge
- offers a choice in how you calculate IOB (Insulin on Board) – correction only or correction plus meal
- has a low-resolution screen
- is currently a Humalog-only pump (cannot use with other insulins)
- low startup costs, but higher monthly supply costs than other pumps because of the disposable pump bodies
- shortcut key for Smart Bolus is also the shortcut key for Audio Bolus, so if you have the key set to enter your bolus calculator more quickly, you cannot access the Audio Bolus feature
- it’s not waterproof, only splash-proof
Use this pump? Let us know what you think!
RELATED COMMUNITY LINKS: