1. Mike Ratrie
    Mike Ratrie April 23, 2014 at 9:02 am | | Reply

Nice post! I think I am in the Gary Scheiner camp though. Pretty active, I don’t need to lose weight, and I pee plenty as it is!

2. Alyson Cheatham
    Alyson Cheatham April 23, 2014 at 12:57 pm | | Reply

It’s so interesting to see what is advancing. Thank you for keeping us all up to date on what is currently in research. It’s wonderful to keep up on all this, my son (T1) is only 22 months, but staying abreast of these scientific developments should help my son in the future. Keep up the good work, and wonderful reporting!

3. Eric
    Eric April 24, 2014 at 7:29 pm | | Reply

Hi Mike, what is your email to be in touch with you please, I have a consulting project to talk with you. thanks.

4. Wendy
    Wendy August 8, 2014 at 12:34 pm | | Reply

Well, I am going to try the Invokana in a four month trial beginning the end of August 2014. Not sure if I will be able to share the details on my blog, but if I can, I will. Thanks for the great reports!

1. andi
      andi September 5, 2014 at 10:54 am | | Reply

Hi – I am on day 2 of the Invokana trial. Curious to see how everyone experience is so far. Thanks

5. Katie
    Katie September 8, 2014 at 7:41 pm | | Reply

How did you get signed up for the study?

6. Wendy Morgan
    Wendy Morgan September 9, 2014 at 3:08 am | | Reply

I was picked for the trail because my endo also has a research division and I am a very compliant study subject. I start the actual drug this morning. I’ll either get a placebo, 100mg or 300 mg. we won’t know until we see my BG readings. I reduce my basal rate 10 percent just before taking the drug. Never done a medication trial, so kinda nervous about it.

7. Darci
    Darci October 6, 2014 at 9:05 pm | | Reply

I am t1d and have been using invokana for about a month. I disagree with Gary’s view on this drug and low blood sugars. I have found less problems with lows and much more stable blood sugars. The frequent urination seems to lessen with better control or perhaps once the body gets used to the invokana. Prior to invokana i was having trouble with insulin resistant and was managing diabetes by eating low carb. Now i am able to tolerate carbs again! I have energy again…I am still on the 100mg my doc wants to take it slow, i hope to start 300mg after my next dr visit.

8. david rothfeld
    david rothfeld November 25, 2014 at 12:10 pm | | Reply

This drug is great….started last friday…i am a type I pumper who uses CGM 7 days a week….went on the drug and over that time my avg sensor BG went from 145 to 107……my blood sugar sensor graphs are flatter with less variation….no more huge post prandial spikes……….probably will need to reduce my basal and bolus rates even further than the 10% the MD told me to go down…my MD it type I who has been using it for 1.5 years……..

9. Erik
    Erik November 26, 2014 at 8:15 pm | | Reply

I have been a T1D for about 34 years and started on Invokana about 6 months ago. It has been a revelation. My BGL’s A1C is 6. I dont suffer the highs and lows as before and can now manage with much less insulin. I also have more energy and feel great. Yes more frequent urination but but it does not impact on my daily life – it just sems normal now. I cant imagine not taking it now.

10. Richard Vaughn
    Richard Vaughn December 1, 2014 at 7:27 am | | Reply

Mike, thanks so much for this report. I need to lose 15 pounds, and I am having many postmeal highs. This could be my solution, but I doubt that my endo with her “by the book” attitude will prescribe Ivocana.