1. Db
    Db April 19, 2014 at 7:01 am | | Reply

One of the main reason why I really admire you, Wil. (And all the other DMine staff.) You’ve seen the worst cases and and you know the effects of this disease without sugarcoats. Yet you are still able to stand there, and choose to see the lght. When we start losing it, you slap us in the face and tell us to breathe (with humor ofcourse). Just want to appreciate what you do Wil. We need this. May God really bless you and your family!

2. David
    David April 19, 2014 at 7:17 am | | Reply

+1 for your wit and humor on this emotionally difficult subject. Frank, I wish you all the best.

3. Kayt
    Kayt April 19, 2014 at 9:16 am | | Reply

Thank you for this weekly column. I find myself looking forward to reading it each week. I learn a lot and laugh a lot. I like the way you say things and make things understandable in a fun way.

Thank you! :-)

4. Mary Dexter
    Mary Dexter April 19, 2014 at 9:29 am | | Reply

I’m glad you printed Frank’s letter. We’ve all been there. The times we want to strangle the people who say, “Can’t you take a joke?” When what others perceive as someone else’s razor-sharp wit cuts a little too deeply in a place already bleeding. When we get tired of convincing the world that everything’s fine, under control. Being an artist doesn’t necessarily make it easier. I’m proud of The Sweet Lowdown (It’s on YouTube now gathering viewers.) but it’s the result of 2 years of hell getting it to the stage and beyond.

5. Vicki Baker
    Vicki Baker April 19, 2014 at 3:08 pm | | Reply

Will,

Thank you for your posts. I wake up on Saturday mornings knowing I will learn something new from you. And guess what that makes me happy.

6. Robin
    Robin April 19, 2014 at 9:01 pm | | Reply

Thanks for this, Will. I too am always eager to read your column in part because I learn from it, but just as much because your humor makes the whole business of crazy highs and lows and A1c disappointments a little more bearable. I can only speak for myself, but as far as I’m concerned Type 1 sucks big time, even with a CGM, a pump, good insurance and plenty of glucose tabs.

The Mine reminds me again and again that it’s not just me, that I’m not alone, and that my job is to get up every day and do the best I can for that day – and all while also offering Sunday Funnies and a Diabetes Educator who can’t resist a good opening for a joke, usually at his own expense! Good job, one and all!

7. Aaron Chidakel, MD
    Aaron Chidakel, MD April 21, 2014 at 5:45 am | | Reply

that was very inspirational. thanks.

8. M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E | Test Guess and Go

[...] what I ate or drank.  What makes these meet-ups blog-worthy is the juxtaposition of them with a Saturday post by Wil Dubois at Diabetes Mine.  Wil writes a weekly column called Ask D’Mine in which he thoughtfully and/or humorously [...]