1. StephenS
    StephenS March 13, 2014 at 12:41 pm | | Reply

This is a great movement! I got to see Anna McCollister-Slipp on a panel talking about interoperability about a month ago. She talked about how her endo is prohibited by their health system from downloading her CGM info.

She said (I’m paraphrasing): “Using my A1c to manage my diabetes is like using the Farmer’s Almanac to predict the weather this afternoon. My doctor and I need to see my CGM data.”

Sounds like this idea is already taking off, and that’s great. Thanks! #WeAreNotWaiting

2. Simon Carter
    Simon Carter March 13, 2014 at 4:07 pm | | Reply

Melbourne-based ManageBGL has already built a
    device-agnostic, cloud-based platform for diabetes, with data import for over 60 meters, insulin pumps and CGMS.

It’s also the world’s best insulin dosing algorithm, and the world’s only personalized glucose prediction system.

3. Gil DePaula
    Gil DePaula March 13, 2014 at 7:35 pm | | Reply

Pancreum has been advocating a common standard and an open communication API for diabetes medical devices since its website first went live in 2008. We have always been, are, and will always be in favor of a common, open communication standard between the devices and their remote controllers and PCs.
    Cheers,
    Gil
    CEO & Founder

4. Type1EEStudent
    Type1EEStudent March 15, 2014 at 12:30 pm | | Reply

I wish the person doing the “DIY artificial pancreas” luck, but this person needs to accept the limitations of his work. The “DIY artificial pancreas” will only work at night, at best.

I can guarantee you that, as there are no accurate mathematical models for predicting blood glucose (or even dosing) when food is involved.

There are studies occurring with radioactive tracers to detect carbohydrate absorption in order to determine a mathematical model.

5. Nancy Bohannon, MD
    Nancy Bohannon, MD March 20, 2014 at 3:40 pm | | Reply

would like to participate.

6. thevenon cedric
    thevenon cedric August 22, 2014 at 3:02 am | | Reply

hello,
    i’m very happy to discover this initiative.
    i wonder if some part of the people would think about what could be done for Blind or almost blind patient with type 1 or type2 diabetes. because in the world of insulin pump that’s a void that could or should be erase. no vocal pump is an aberration.

thkas again !