1. Bennet
    Bennet March 22, 2014 at 5:53 am | | Reply

I’m gonna need some coffee to read this this morning….

2. Sarah
    Sarah March 22, 2014 at 8:39 am | | Reply

Enjoyed your “advice”. Does anyone else have this problem with caffeine…sometimes it bumps me and sometimes it doesn’t? I have tried to weigh all the variables and have resigned myself to dosing after I go high, IF I go high. Sigh…

3. MikeH
    MikeH March 22, 2014 at 9:02 am | | Reply

Thanks for the advice, Wil! Being the huge coffee consumer that I am, I’ve noticed that caffeine does impact my blood sugars — mostly in the morning. I have factored that into my basal rates in the morning hours, which basically allows me to see no BG boost from the coffee (which sometimes doesn’t even matter, thank to my higher morning sugars and dawn phenom anyhow). But when I’ve taken pump vacations and gone back to MDI, I’ve seen a very noticeable spike in my blood sugars because of the coffee. Usually took a couple units extra just to compensate.

4. David
    David March 22, 2014 at 12:03 pm | | Reply

Thanks for your usual informative and humorous column. Not loving the 800 lb gorilla medtronic though.

5. Shanan
    Shanan March 22, 2014 at 12:46 pm | | Reply

Can anyone tell me which pumps calculate insulin on board (or active insulin) with linear vs. curvilinear formulas? I am most interested in the Omnipod (the updated PDM, released last year) vs. MedT 530G (their newest model)?

6. Allison
    Allison March 24, 2014 at 8:47 am | | Reply

Great info. I actually just asked my CDE/CNP about the coffe thing last week, and she asked if I put anything in it. I said yes, just cream, and she kindly reminded that cream has carbs in it. I doubt, though, that one or two grams of carbs is what causes my blood sugar to jump 50-100 points. Seeeeriously doubt that. Thanks, as always… my favorite column on the ‘mine!

7. diabetes monitor
    diabetes monitor April 13, 2014 at 1:53 am | | Reply

Do you have a spam issue on this blog; I also am
    a blogger, and I was wanting to know your situation; many of us have developed some nice
    procedures and we are looking to trade solutions with others,
    please shoot me an email if interested.