1. Joe
    Joe February 4, 2014 at 4:41 am | | Reply

I’m a T2 here and must be in the minority as I inject outside the home. I’m not afraid to inject in public.

2. Dannielle
    Dannielle February 4, 2014 at 7:03 am | | Reply

Prior to going on an insulin pump about 2 years ago, I would use my insulin pen where ever I was when I needed it. I don’t understand why people don’t use medical aids (Oxygen, Insulin, glasses,canes, wheel chairs ETC) when they need to no matter where they are or who they are with or who is around.

3. Bennet
    Bennet February 4, 2014 at 10:14 am | | Reply

Nice job Mike. I wrote about three of these at dLife last year. Nice to see you adding to the conversation.

One size doesn’t fit all, these options may help some PWD be more successful. That is the goal, find what works for individual life styles. YDMV.

Best.

1. AmyT
      AmyT February 4, 2014 at 11:47 am | | Reply

Thanks Bennet. Note that Tandem is not creating a Patch Pump, just a version that carries more insulin.

4. John
    John February 4, 2014 at 3:03 pm | | Reply

How about we stop spending monies on lifestyle diseases that only help perpetuate the problems of laziness and ignorance.

T2 is preventable whilst T1 is not. More needs to be done regarding T1.

1. Mary Dexter
      Mary Dexter February 5, 2014 at 7:31 pm | | Reply

This is offensive

5. In the Works: More Type 2 Insulin Pumps | diabe...

[...] It's no secret that type 2 diabetes is the biggest market for companies creating new D-devices. But until recently, insulin pump manufacturers have focused almost solely on the type 1 population since we're the ones whose lives depend on taking insulin regularly, and many T2s who could benefit from insulin have nonetheless done their best…  [...]

6. jimmy
    jimmy April 14, 2014 at 2:43 am | | Reply

I got to say the 1800s are still here of course pumps should be for insulin dependent type 2 for Lupas SLE people.Because SLE can be at any part of the body at any given time.