1. John Sjolund
    John Sjolund February 1, 2014 at 10:24 am | | Reply

Hi Wil,

Thanks for writing about this important topic and showing some of the tools to help us manage our diabetes better. The problem of forgotten injections and the worry we feel about a double dose… we all know it…that is why we created Timesulin. Sorry to hear you find it bulky which is a new comment for us. When you add the miniature battery, display and the electronics required, it does add a about .2 of a inch to the width when you are creating something that works with the pens that we people with diabetes are already using (as opposed to requiring a totally new pen from your doctor).

Thanks for sharing and hard at work to get it to our friends in the US.

Timesulin co-founder and living with diabetes for over 28 years.

/John Sjolund

2. mari france
    mari france February 1, 2014 at 10:58 am | | Reply

Can prairie dogs predict the weather too? I have a pump but regularly especially during meals either with guests or me as a guest I enter all that I need to caclate my insultin need and present bg then somehow don’t validate!!!same as completely forgetting! !Grrrr…….

3. Beth
    Beth February 1, 2014 at 11:07 am | | Reply

Our family uses an “Itzbeen” timer. Costs about $30 or available for cheaper on Ebay. We just have to remember to push the button, but it’s better than writing something down. The Itzbeen is actually for new mothers/parents, to help them remember how long since diapering, feeding, napping, nursing which side, etc. It shows “how long since”, so doesn’t show an insulin dose, but when we remember to push the button, it’s great! We designate one button for Lantus, the other for Novolog, and then there are two extras that we can use as needed.

4. pwd doc
    pwd doc February 1, 2014 at 6:56 pm | | Reply

for really low tech geeks who use syringes, my method is for every morning to put in the number of syringes I expect to need into my insulated bag. If I’m not sure if I took a dose, I count the number of unused syringes. If I decide to take an extra dose, I take a syringe from a separate collection of extra syringes I carry around and keep separately.

5. Amy
    Amy February 3, 2014 at 7:30 am | | Reply

PWD DOC – I say this lightheartedly…You know no one uses syringes just once right? :)

6. pwd doc
    pwd doc February 3, 2014 at 7:31 pm | | Reply

I do – I like sharp needles and fortunately have good insurance

As you point out, however, my method won’t work if you reuse syringes

7. TB
    TB March 2, 2014 at 1:12 pm | | Reply

I have NovoPen and very happy with it, there is another thing you can buy to hook it to the pen, i think it’s called timesulin and supports many different ones