1. Joe
    Joe January 24, 2014 at 4:05 am | | Reply

I’ll believe it when it is on the market and Insurance pays for the test strips.
    oy.

2. Amy Halvorson Miller
    Amy Halvorson Miller January 24, 2014 at 7:40 am | | Reply

Promising. Surely their team is thinking about how a small child would use these without risk of swallowing the strip.

3. Skye
    Skye January 24, 2014 at 1:25 pm | | Reply

Intriguing, and I appreciate that people are looking into new ways, but I think their basic statement of standard blood glucose testing as being “uncomfortable, disruptive and painful” is just a bad infomercial tactic! Sure, I can make a blood test hurt if I crank the depth setting up on the lancet device, and stab a sensitive part of my finger; but I can also get it done in 15 seconds from start to finish with no pain, no drama, and I can do this in the middle of a meeting without anyone noticing. Maybe I’m doing it wrong???

4. StephenS
    StephenS January 24, 2014 at 1:29 pm | | Reply

iThink if they keep trying, one of these iDeas will eventually stick. iDealistically speaking, of course. Now, please excuse me while I do another blood glucose test.

1. AmyT
      AmyT January 27, 2014 at 8:50 pm | | Reply

@stephens – that was hilarious! Err, I mean, iMusing…

5. Melanie A. Levesque
    Melanie A. Levesque January 24, 2014 at 6:12 pm | | Reply

Let me know when and where I can buy this in a store .

6. ravinder
    ravinder January 25, 2014 at 3:51 am | | Reply

when in india? and what about cost of strips and instument.

7. News & Views | War On Diabetes
    News & Views | War On Diabetes January 31, 2014 at 3:04 am |

[...] Testing Glucose Levels Using Saliva  “…Now imagine being able to check your glucose levels just by sticking a thermometer under your tongue for a few seconds.” Really?  Will it work?  Well, one company thinks so.  There seems to be a bit of a race to get non-invasive blood glucose testing methods to market.  Some smart person figured out sticking yourself is not always the best way for some folks to test glucose levels.  Interesting approach. [...]

8. Diabetic Living
    Diabetic Living May 24, 2014 at 1:31 am | | Reply

I experience tons of anxiety when I have a low blood sugar. I also begin to have paranoia.

Diabetic Food