1. Joe
    Joe January 4, 2014 at 4:56 am | | Reply

Speaking of shingles. I’ve had it occur twice. Once when I was 19 and just recently in my early 50′s.
    Not fun.

Joe: T2 since 1999

2. Lauralee
    Lauralee January 4, 2014 at 2:27 pm | | Reply

Chicken pox is no fun for anyone at any age, but can be especially unpleasant and difficult for adults. If you are not sure you’ve ever had it, you can get a titer checked next time you have blood work drawn, and discuss the vaccine option ,if you are not already immune , with your MD.
    Too late for that for Wil, so can only send a “Get Well Soon ” wish, and a reminder to stay away from any immunocompromized friends.

3. bn
    bn January 4, 2014 at 7:21 pm | | Reply

Thanks for your column – appreciate your advice

Hope you get better soon, Wil !

4. Stephen J. Thompson
    Stephen J. Thompson January 7, 2014 at 1:44 pm | | Reply

Young children are also at high risk of serious complications from 2009 H1N1, just as they are from seasonal flu. And while people 65 and older are less likely to be infected with 2009 H1N1 flu , if they get sick, they are also at “high risk” of developing serious complications from their illness.

5. Allison
    Allison January 15, 2014 at 3:45 pm | | Reply

I am 26 years old and have been type 1 diabetic for 21 of those years–I never had the chickenpox as a kid, and recently did a titer check for immunity. Turns out I have zero immunity to the chickenpox virus (varicella) and just completed a two part series of Varicalla boosters.

6. Brix
    Brix February 26, 2014 at 2:01 am | | Reply

Nakakamatay b ito

7. oil change spring hill
    oil change spring hill November 22, 2014 at 5:09 am | | Reply

Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely great.
    I really like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are stating
    and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care
    for to keep it smart. I can’t wait to read far more from you.
    This is actually a tremendous website.

8. Lutz FL massage deals
    Lutz FL massage deals November 22, 2014 at 11:36 am | | Reply

Aw, this was an exceptionally nice post. Spending some time and actual effort to produce a good article… but what can I say… I put things off a whole
    lot and never seem to get nearly anything done.