1. Mike Ratrie
    Mike Ratrie August 3, 2013 at 5:03 am | | Reply

Wil, FWIW the AccuChek Spirit Combo with Aviva Combo meter do talk to each other, so they are integrated, but differently than the Cozmo. The meter is bigger than the pump and lives in its own little black case.

There is no entering of your blood glucose level at all – when you test, the meter goes directly to the meter’s bolus calculator screen.

2. joyce long
    joyce long August 3, 2013 at 9:05 am | | Reply

Loved the cozmo insulin pump..if company didnt go out of business..i would still be using it…now i have the accu chek combo pump…next best thing to the cozmo…love all the features..to bad the meter wasnt built into the pump like the cozmo…the meter talks to the pump and u never have to touch the pump..u do everything from the meter…amazing how fsr we have come…if cozmo can have the meter built in pump why vant the other companies do this?

3. Heidi
    Heidi August 3, 2013 at 9:28 am | | Reply

How about the Omnipod? That’s the only pump where you actually do 100% of tasks from the PDM…& can test directly into it!

1. Nancy
      Nancy August 11, 2013 at 10:58 am | | Reply

Yes what about the Omnipod? It works great and like you said, everything is right at your fingertips with the PDM. And now it’s even smaller!!!

4. Elaine
    Elaine August 3, 2013 at 4:56 pm | | Reply

My sons minimed paradigm pump will be out of warranty in less than a year. He currently doesn’t use the meter that goes with it. I have read a little about other pumps. since he knows the minimed pump it seems easier to stay with it, but I am wondering what other pump features he may like that he is missing out on

5. Shanan
    Shanan August 4, 2013 at 7:08 am | | Reply

This sounds like a job that Diabetes Advocates might be interested in taking up. I would post it to their website (listed above: diabetesadvocates.org, as they are set up to advocate for rights for persons with diabetes. There is no medical reason in the world that a person should lose any of their necessary medical equipment when they reach Medicare age! I hope you will contact them Sandy!

6. Kelly Booth
    Kelly Booth August 4, 2013 at 9:42 am | | Reply

Wil, there are some of us that have won an appeal to get a CGMS thru Medicare – I am one of those people. I also know of several other people that were able to get one also. Like Sandy, I have a Medicare Advantage Program. It is not an easy process, but it can be done. A person has to have their doctor submit an authorization request first – you have to have the denial before you can appeal it. Supply companies don’t want to do that and all you will hear is “it isn’t covered.” After my doctor sent in the authorization, I received a denial letter. I appealed and won on the first appeal.

I originally had a Freestyle Navigator before switching to Dexcom when the Navigator was taken off the market. When I sent the paperwork in to get a Dexcom, Dexcom told me “your insurance doesn’t cover it.” I don’t think they believed me that my plan had been paying for the Navigator! Because I had just won my appeal to get the Navigator, I did not have to appeal the Dexcom and it was approved right away. A year later, I got an email from Dexcom when my warranty was up. I again heard “your insurance doesn’t cover it.” That is funny because they bought the Dexcom and paid quarterly for sensors to use it. The only reason I am not using a Dexcom today is because I developed an allergy to the sensors.

I wrote an article back in January, 2012 about getting a CGMS thru Medicare:

1. Nancy
      Nancy August 11, 2013 at 11:00 am | | Reply

That is encouraging news!!! Thank you.

7. Roxanne
    Roxanne August 24, 2013 at 6:50 am | | Reply

Tristan, you’re going to make it through this peorid in your life. You’re a strong, beautiful woman! You can do anything you set your mind to!As far as bad diabetics go, I was one of those. I had an A1C of 10 last August. I started a blog in January to learn more about my disease and I came across your blog. You’ve helped me learn so much. A true inspiration, you are. I’ve done a lot of work. I’ve put so much more time into my diabetes than ever before. My last A1C (a month ago) was 7.8. WAY better than a 10. I have a good feeling that my next one will be even better than a 7.8. All thanks to people like you. You’re an amazing person and I can’t thank you enough Tristan!

8. Kay
    Kay May 8, 2014 at 5:40 pm | | Reply

I have read a few excellent stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking
    for revisiting. I wonder how so much effort you place to create
    this type of wonderful informative site.