1. Sandy Floyd
    Sandy Floyd July 26, 2013 at 12:24 pm | | Reply

Very interesting, but probably won’t help those who already have nerve and eye damage :/

2. Samya Peri
    Samya Peri July 26, 2013 at 11:42 pm | | Reply

This is really interesting. I will ask my uncle if he wants to volunteer. He’s also a PWD and always feel numbness in both his upper and lower extremities. Maybe, this will help him.

3. John
    John July 27, 2013 at 5:55 am | | Reply

I have longed believe that T1s partially develops complications due to a lack of other hormones produced bt beta cells and pancreas. I would take a 1x week shot if it would help prevent complications.

1. Lina
      Lina August 6, 2013 at 3:48 pm | | Reply

Dear John – thank you for your interest in the ACT1VE Study. To determine if a study site is located near you, please visit http://www.diabetesnervestudy.com. Kindly, Lina

4. Sandi
    Sandi July 28, 2013 at 7:12 pm | | Reply

This sounds promising, but who goes in every week for “a routine doctor’s visit at the same time they’re measuring blood pressure, cholesterol, and other in-office blood checks”?? I would hate having to go in every week. I don’t think this will be a workable treatment until the injections can be done at home.

5. Cristle Bray
    Cristle Bray July 29, 2013 at 6:41 am | | Reply

Bring it on C-peptide! As a T1dm for over 30 years, I would love to prevent the neuropathy, nephropathy and retinopathy that will surely come. I would love to be involved. Use me!

6. Hank Cunnigham
    Hank Cunnigham August 2, 2013 at 1:52 am | | Reply

Would the weekly shot have to be done at a Doctors office and if so, why? My wife has been Type 1 for 42 years; I think that qualifies her as an expert on dosages and administering shots!

7. sue whittier
    sue whittier August 2, 2013 at 6:10 pm | | Reply

Once again thanks so much for the info / link. I have just heard back from-a well respected / well known neurologist working with the Toronto Cebix site. Actually she is the first neurologist I ever visited – about 20 years ago.Thank goodness not much has changed – at least peripherally!

8. Samuel Randolph Jones
    Samuel Randolph Jones October 4, 2013 at 4:13 am | | Reply

I would love the weekly shots. I am retired military so my health plan is TRICARE FOR LIFE. It is medicare (80%)
    plus tricare (20%). Full Pay, doctors love me as a cash cow.