Today is all about hearing your voice.
Taking a cue from Chris Snider who blogs over at A Consequence of Hypoglycemia, we are happy to be joining others in the Diabetes Online Community (DOC) for a “Check-In Day” today. As Chris proposes:
“I want everyone to comment on every blog post you read. For the lurkers, or for anyone who truly doesn’t have any feedback or comments (which, by the way, is totally okay), a generic phrase can work. I’m nominating ‘Check!,’ with the exclamation mark as the ‘Hey, I read this. Have a nice day’ response.”
Basically, it’s all about giving a shout-out to our wonderful readers, whether you’re a commenter type or not!
The DOC wouldn’t be what it is without all of you, so we’re thrilled to have you stop by and would love it if you introduced yourself and shared a little about what brought you over to the ‘Mine.
As Chris writes: “The idea is for the community to grow through mutual awareness. By realizing the impact and reach of our content. I’m sure we all know that the diabetes community is more than the active 1%, this is just a way to shine some light on the remaining 99%.”
As our regular readers know, we at the ‘Mine are all about hearing patient voices! Beyond reporting and writing blog posts, our mission in life is to shake up the Diabetes World by connecting key patient voices and sentiments to the Powers That Be: pharma, insurers, healthcare providers, national advocacy orgs and technology innovators. We want to help this community voice its needs loudly and clearly in a channel that is sure to reach the right ears.
Right now we have two programs going on that we need your help with:
First, there’s one week left to enter DiabetesMine PATIENT VOICES SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST!
Winners will get a free ride to come out to California to take part in our 2013 DiabetesMine Innovation Summit this fall at Stanford University. All you have to do is fill out an entry form and put together and upload some kind of visual representation of your thoughts on diabetes technology and innovation: how do D-tools impact your life and what do you see yourself getting out of all the new gadgets and gizmos being developed for PWDs (people with diabetes)?
Maybe watch last year’s video for some inspiration?
Please enter by this Friday, July 26!
It’s time to raise your voice and be part of the solution!
Also, for every PWD reading this: we implore you to take a few minutes to fill out our DIABETES TECH SURVEY — a project we’re conducting with the USC Annenberg School of Communication.
We have about 300 completed surveys so far providing insight on what we all think about existing diabetes devices and technology. We’re hoping to reach at least 500 participants, and we know you have opinions on this stuff, so please chime in on this important issue.
Let’s show the decision-making innovators inside industry and academia what our community thinks about Diabetes Technology and the impact it does and can have on our lives!