1. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell June 25, 2013 at 7:50 am | | Reply

I wish ADA would share videos of at least some of the sessions. I cannot believe it’s 30 years since DCCT. I was at an announcement of the results in Boston and really teared up to hear the good news.

2. Kathy
    Kathy June 25, 2013 at 8:53 am | | Reply

“Right outside the exhibit hall, the ADA had a huge live-tweet screen streaming all tweets using the event hashtag #2013ada! Many DOC’ers appeared there, and it was pretty interesting to watch the healthcare professionals take a puzzled look as they walked past.”

All the whiz-bang-neato toys in the world mean little if PCPs and endos are still so out of touch with patients. Sounds like a big pharma party from out here :-/

3. ADA Scientific Sessions 2013: Looking Backwards and Forwards | Knowledge of Medicine

[...] post ADA Scientific Sessions 2013:Looking Backwards and Forwards appeared first on DiabetesMine:the all things diabetes [...]

4. Rhonda B
    Rhonda B June 26, 2013 at 8:50 am | | Reply

I think the Bionic Pancreas combined with “smart insulin” (http://rollinginthed.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/educating-insulin) sounds AMAZING!! Can these people please please please work together??!!

5. Jim H.
    Jim H. June 27, 2013 at 11:44 pm | | Reply

Amy I’m a brittle diabetic I been a diabetic for 34yrs. I been on the insulin pump for 4yrs. I lost the feeling of going low. The insulin pump that I’m on is by Medtronic 723. I have been going to outside doctor for 32yrs. Now I go to a VA. Clinic in Ohio since my wife got sick and lost her insurance and can’t afford the pump supplies and insulin. I was getting my pump supplies from VA. Until they said my A1C was to low 4.2. VA standard’s are different than the ADA. They want me to be a 7 or even a 8 before I get back my supplies. I am now a 5.8 which I told them it was better. My target range on the pump is 130-150. They wanted it to be higher. I said no. I had troubles with the pump a 722 that’s why I now have a 723. The lantus insulin does have a kick to it. I’m very insulin sensitive. What do you think on how the VA is treating me.please reply thank you Jim H.

6. Brian Braxton
    Brian Braxton July 16, 2013 at 1:38 pm | | Reply

I notice you did not report on encapsulation and I know there were a couple of companies there with information on this exciting cure and one Viacyte is planning clinical trials next year. The AP is not the only thing on the market. Encapsulation will be available in about the same time frame as a real AP.

7. Lancet prices could go up