1. Scott E
    Scott E May 21, 2013 at 4:15 am | | Reply

Well done Amy! Don’t underestimate what you’ve accomplished over the last ten years!

Please let us know how you end up observing the date. Today is also my diaversary (32 years), but it’s the first one that I’ve really known the actual date… and I have absolutely no idea what to do… if anything.

2. riva
    riva May 21, 2013 at 5:43 am | | Reply

Happy tenth year anniversary Amy! I was thinking the other day how odd and fantastic it was at Diabetes Sisters’ conference when they called each of us 100 women up to celebrate how many years we’ve been living with, and managing, diabetes. And each of us was recognized with roaring applause.

Celebrate it? Absolutely. Every day is an accomplishment. Like you, diabetes has become my purpose. What would I be doing if not this? ;-)

Also, you don’t know that it will get harder. By time you’re at 15 or 20 years, yes, I know, I expect it to be much easier. I’m 41 years w/T1D, and each day just feels like an ordinary day because I’ve gotten so used to this.

3. Kerri.
    Kerri. May 21, 2013 at 6:34 am | | Reply

Happy diaversary, Amy. Celebrate with hope and style!

4. June S.
    June S. May 21, 2013 at 6:42 am | | Reply

Congratulations on your 10-year anniversary! I was diagnosed in 1972, following a trip to Disney World (looks as though you were at Disneyland before diagnosis. One of the reasons I am so thankful for the internet is that I so enjoy reading diabetes logs, like yours. Sure wish we had had those (and blood glucose test strips!) 41 years ago!

5. Jennie
    Jennie May 21, 2013 at 7:09 am | | Reply

Happy 10-year anniversary Amy. Celebrate with joy. Thanks for the post.

6. StephenS
    StephenS May 21, 2013 at 10:23 am | | Reply

Congrats on 10 amazing years! Hope you get a chance to celebrate (a little, anyway).

7. Mrs. Maria Jaskolka
    Mrs. Maria Jaskolka May 21, 2013 at 10:31 am | | Reply

happy 10th many happy returns on your annviseray dear heart i’ll be celebrating mines on the 22th of being an diabetic for 13 yrs. many blessings beings to you an your most family your doing great sweetie hugs always =)=)=)=)=)=)=)=)

8. Terry Keelan
    Terry Keelan May 21, 2013 at 1:01 pm | | Reply

This year is my 10 year anniversary too! And I also have a photo of a skeletal me. I keep it as a reminder.

So what does one say? “Congratulations on your disease.”? Well, you’ve done good in any case. Keep it up. It’s my favorite diabetes blog.

9. Rebecca S
    Rebecca S May 21, 2013 at 4:02 pm | | Reply

Happy, happy, Amy!
    Today marks my 14-year-old son’s 13th diaversary! In some ways it feels like yesterday and in other ways it feels like a lifetime ago.

10. Daisy
    Daisy May 21, 2013 at 6:07 pm | | Reply

Happy 10th Diaversary! Sounds like you’ve come a long way since diagnosis so that deserves even further congratulations :) Keep up your amazing work and I hope the next 10 years brings lots of good health and happiness to you too! X

11. leanne viglione
    leanne viglione May 21, 2013 at 6:46 pm | | Reply

Hello Amy, It helps to read that you have reached your ten years. I have been just diagnosed with type1 1 month ago and am still coming to terms with it. I have just stumbled across this website and your post and for a few moments i realize that im going to be ok. You and many people have delt with it im worse circumstances than mine. Hats off to you and many more celebrations for you to come.
    Leanne Australia

12. Mike Ratrie
    Mike Ratrie May 21, 2013 at 7:55 pm | | Reply

Happy diaversary, Amy, and thank you for D’Mine, my must read just about every day.

You and the blog have opened my diabetic world to the greater DOC community, which even my closest friends don’t get.

Looking forward to the Snap reports …

13. Howard
    Howard May 22, 2013 at 8:31 pm | | Reply

Happy Diaversary, Amy. Thanks for all that you do to help our amazing T1D community.

14. Evelyn Guzman
    Evelyn Guzman May 24, 2013 at 3:54 am | | Reply

Hi Amy,

I have followed you all these years and I admire you so much. You are such a wonderful role model for everyone, PWDs or not. Happy ten-year diaversary and I pray you have many more to come!

15. Joan Odorowski
    Joan Odorowski May 24, 2013 at 8:18 am | | Reply

Happy Daiversary, Amy. Thank you for sharing your story. I enjoy your website.

16. Hil
    Hil May 29, 2013 at 8:10 pm | | Reply

Happy Anniversary! I agree you have come a long way. And thank you for this blog it is certainly a wealth of info