1. Terry
    Terry April 17, 2013 at 7:54 am | | Reply

Thanks for the update. As a Ping and Dex G4 user, I eagerly await the release of the Vibe. I was told by Animas when I received my last Ping in November 2012 that I could upgrade to the Vibe for $99 when it came out.

I am concerned about the release of the Vibe without a separate Dex receiver. I know many pump wearers see this as an advantage. It’ll be one less device to manage. I’ve worn pumps since 1987 and I know that the pump’s little voice will not dependably wake me up when buried below blankets. Animas’ decision to proceed in this direction is a false economy. I hope that the Dex G4 will still be compatible with existing Dex receivers and that in the future, Dex receivers will remain compatible. The overnight alert function of the Dex CGM not only saves me from extended hypos but also then prevents the multiple hours of rebound hypers once I wake up.

2. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell April 17, 2013 at 9:17 am | | Reply

Very cool. If I hadn’t recently started on a t:slim, I might have waited for this one. Having integration with the Dexcom will be really useful for many folks.

1. esre
      esre May 10, 2013 at 2:56 pm | | Reply

Thanks for mentioning this, I should’ve thought of this too (as loud as the Dex Seven Plus receiver is, half the time I don’t hear it and my husband yells “Wake up, your thing’s beeping!”)

3. Sandi
    Sandi April 17, 2013 at 5:10 pm | | Reply

I would love it if we could use both the Vibe and the Dex G4 receiver at the same time. We have a young child who wears the pump and love being able to have the new Dex receiver pick her up in our room at night. Integrating the cgm with the pump is fantastic because she won’t need to carry both devices at school, but when we are at home, I love having the separate receiver.

4. garidan
    garidan April 17, 2013 at 6:51 pm | | Reply

Don’t know if possible with Dexcom platinum, but I read once of a person using 2 Seven plus receivers at once and it worked well. I think it is possible.

5. Chuck
    Chuck April 17, 2013 at 8:13 pm | | Reply

Does it have Low Glucose Suspend? Or is this just a sensor augmented pump? Seems Medtronic brought one of those out 7 years ago. Does it provide remote monitoring of my son’s pump in my bedroom?

We will hold out for the Medtronic Low Glucose Suspend pump. Nothing like JDRF investing all that money in Animas only to bring out a “me too” pump like Medtronic did 7 years ago. Where’s the innovation there?

6. Allison cochran
    Allison cochran May 18, 2013 at 1:52 pm | | Reply

yes. its time for my pump upgrade, I have had an animas one touch ping for over 5 years. I was thinking about switching to the Omni Pod, but I heard about the animas vibe and decided to read up on it. I called animas, and they told me they would send me an animas ping, and the vibe should be approved around November or December. they said all I would have to pay is 99$ for the vibe. hopefully, it will be approved. I don’t want to be stuck with a ping the next 5 or so years. thanks for the information!

7. Beth Melzen
    Beth Melzen June 3, 2013 at 5:50 am | | Reply

I am due for a new pump. My Animas 20/20 is well over the 4 yr warranty period. Just curious how long people have had their 20/20′s. I thought the Vibe had been available in Europe over 4 years ago when I got my 20/20.

8. Paul W.
    Paul W. November 27, 2013 at 8:46 am | | Reply

Type 1 for 35 years; Dexcom for 3. Going on Medicare in January. Interesting fact; Insulin is a Tier III drug, and expensive. But when injected with a pump, it becomes part of the applicance, and covered under Part B. With Medigap Plan “F”, all these supplies would be covered at no deductable. If using a syringe, Insulin becomes a drug, and covered under Part “D”. At best, I’d be out $2K per year…. Well, I guess the pump is in my future; now to have the FDA “get with the program”…