1. LO
    LO April 27, 2013 at 12:34 am | | Reply

“The service is currently in invitation-only early access mode”
    Rather useless promoting right now.

1. Tal Givoly
      Tal Givoly April 27, 2013 at 1:53 am | | Reply

Please see my reply below. Thx!

2. Tal Givoly
    Tal Givoly April 27, 2013 at 1:52 am | | Reply

The service is not yet available to all and is in invitation-only mode. However, consider this an invitation to all readers of DiabetesMine. Once you sign up and provide a medical condition “diabetes”, you will be able to proceed to full registration and use the service. Sorry for any confusion this might have caused. Note, the service is still in early days and improving rapidly thanks to user feedback, which we greatly appreciate.

3. LO
    LO April 27, 2013 at 10:59 am | | Reply

Thanks for the extra information. I’ve just been able to create an account.
    (Surpassed you last month by one decade having type 1).

4. LO
    LO April 27, 2013 at 11:02 am | | Reply

Oh, wrong reading, surpassed Gina Gaudefroy by that amount. Dark ages those were for sure.

5. Bennet
    Bennet April 29, 2013 at 5:06 am | | Reply

Ask for a significant amount of personal information. Bordering on HIPAA intrusion. And when I sat bordering, think of the bill boards on I95 for South of the….

6. Helping users filter out online health information | World of DTC Marketing.com

[...] New Online Tool Helps Filter Diabetes News [...]

7. Bennet
    Bennet May 9, 2013 at 6:15 am | | Reply

Hi Mike

Typed that last one on a bus and somehow it mangled the comment pasting in something about I95. So no comments from the iPhone.

I spoke with Medivizor and shared my concern about privacy.

The site asks for a LOT of personal information. This helps their engine filter results but nonetheless certainly is concerning. Not that your Google click stream isn’t full of that kind of data.

I think that there is value in finding the information on the internet that is useful. Google spits out tons of information and filtering can be time consuming. To a large extent, the DOC does that. But YDMV.

I urge people to be cautious with personally identifiable information. Not giving information is often an option on this site even if it is not clear. For example personally I would never give a site my doctors name or institution and while that is asked it is not required.

I hope that Medivizor becomes more transparent with their business model. I think understanding how they seek to stay in business can help people make informed choices about trading their information in exchange for a services.

8. Kathleen Hoffman, PhD
    Kathleen Hoffman, PhD August 21, 2013 at 6:03 am | | Reply

I’d like to respond to the previous comment. I’ve looked into their business model and I’m satisfied that Medivizor is not interested in selling your personal information to pharmaceutical companies. Medivizor is HIPPA compliant and does not gather names…the only link to the individual is the email address that is provided. Then content is sent to the email address. Being careful is very important; there are companies that are selling information. This one isn’t doing that.

9. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell September 17, 2013 at 7:50 am | | Reply

Just read this today. Sounds like Gina was diagnosed around the same time as me, also in Ireland. I wonder if we had the same endo, Dr. Ivo Drury?