1. Allison
    Allison February 24, 2013 at 8:13 am | | Reply

What are bacon tabs??

2. Mary Dexter
    Mary Dexter February 24, 2013 at 8:51 am | | Reply

Bacon flavored glucose tablets? or bacon tablets for after the low? That might be a good idea, rather than the plastic cheese&crackers or nut bars I carry, especially for school where I have to worry about some kid’s peanut allergy or fear of cheese.

3. Lyn Fenton
    Lyn Fenton February 24, 2013 at 3:50 pm | | Reply

Not so much about today’s cartoon, something that happened last night. I was volunteering in a theatre gift shop and a woman came in, announced she was diabetic and did we have any candy she could eat. In fact we do and I told her I was also diabetic. Next thing I knew she asked what my A1cs are. I was nonplussed and after a moment, offended. Well I told her – they are excellent – my husband said I should’ve told her I haven’t checked them lately.
    I wonder what other people do in similar situations?

1. Tim Steinert
      Tim Steinert February 24, 2013 at 11:28 pm | | Reply

If you’re shy about telling someone your A1c, I would just say, “my control is good.” If they press you on it, say, “I don’t really share that with anyone.”

Anyone who’s been a diabetic long enough will understand your reticence. Anyone who doesn’t understand should at least understand, “I don’t share that with anyone.” We all have enough to deal with everyday without someone invading what we consider to be private areas of our lives.

4. Geneva
    Geneva February 24, 2013 at 7:03 pm | | Reply

What is the box on the top? Non sugar donuts? Cookies? Well if the woman live alone that’s will be a good story, but if she live with her husband and kid, they should help her :-)

5. REZA
    REZA February 28, 2013 at 4:17 pm | | Reply

One thing I personally really love is fresh and organic juice & It’s really help to fight diabete.