1. StephenS
    StephenS February 26, 2013 at 7:02 am | | Reply

Lots of great ideas here! Thanks for shining a light on this issue.

2. Carrie Singer
    Carrie Singer February 28, 2013 at 10:05 pm | | Reply

What a ridiculous stereotype in itself. The message has to be sexy and less scary for the black community? Every community has problems getting information to diabetics, often because the diabetics themselves don’t step up and educate themselves, not waiting for someone to treat them like a silly child.

1. AmyT
      AmyT March 1, 2013 at 9:29 am | | Reply

@carrie – The point is, the message should be less scary and more sexy for everyone. Not getting your “silly child” reference here…? Making something more approachable does NOT necessarily mean “dumbing it down.”

2. chrystal
      chrystal March 6, 2013 at 11:30 am | | Reply

@Carrie- You have a right to your opinion but not your facts. Please research your opinion and/or some of the claims in this article before making a blanket statement that doesn’t mean to much.

I have heard your opinion before but I am amazed how one dimensional it is.Normally your opinion is never substantiated with facts but filled with emotion. I want you to write an article about what is ridiculous and I will happily post it on my website for public consumption..

Again I would like to thank the wonderful people at Diabetesmine.com for printing this article and having the understanding that diabetes is a multifaceted condition and everybody will experience it differently.

3. Steve
    Steve March 6, 2013 at 6:23 pm | | Reply

Good for you you are a strong person. Good luck

4. Kelly Williams
    Kelly Williams March 14, 2013 at 10:05 pm | | Reply

I’m happy for you that you were able to bravely fight diabetes.

5. yanglongmpampa

8. yanglongmpampa
    yanglongmpampa April 11, 2013 at 6:47 am | | Reply

need for man

9. Peter
    Peter June 12, 2013 at 8:03 pm | | Reply

Great article Chrystal
    I have a young nephew who was always sick as a young child until he was finally diagnosed with Type 1 at the age of 7. Since then and with the right treatment he has been a new boy. Nobody else in the family had diabetes and so it was not something we suspected.