1. Everybody Knows Somebody
    Everybody Knows Somebody February 27, 2013 at 9:08 am |

[...] Diabetes Mine - Diabetes and Eating Disorders: Fellow PWD Shares Her Diabulimia Story http://www.diabetesmine.com/2013/02/diabetes-and-eating-disorders-fellow-pwd-shares-her-diabulimia-s…l [...]

2. k2
    k2 February 28, 2013 at 9:06 am | | Reply

Asha – Thanks so much for sharing your story with us!
    I remember reading the same story in SELF Magazine about Diabulmia that you did – And I remember being amazed and yet not at all surprised that such a thing existed.
    I think it’s wonderful that you took your struggle and turned it into something positive that helps others!
    WTG!

3. Tina Winborne
    Tina Winborne March 1, 2013 at 2:37 am | | Reply

I am a T1D since the age of 7, now 40. I didn’t even know there was a such thing as Diabulmia. I recognize the sympotems in myself but yet I am still overweight. I not only skip insulin but meals as well. I’m so thankful I stumbled across Diabetes Mine, never have I recieved so much valuable information. I’ve always conscidered myself to be an AOK diabetic, maybe not so much. I need help inorder to get on the right track and on to a better and longer life.

1. yanglongmpampa
      yanglongmpampa April 11, 2013 at 6:49 am | | Reply

gfgfhfghg

4. pomegranate
    pomegranate April 9, 2013 at 6:20 pm | | Reply

Thank you for all the information. I’m absorbing it !
    I thought I was doing such a good job as a parent with a child with T1D since first grade.
    I got her through elementary school, middle school and high school without an eating disorder.
    I thought we were home free. Everything seemed to be
    going so well.
    As much as I’ve tried as a parent,
    (and thought I knew everything you need to know),
    she was doing really well, problems have still erupted.
    I still can’t comprehend, as a non-diabetic, how hard
    this disease must be to live with (physically, socially and ergo, mentally).
    Keep the information and personal stories coming!
    They are so helpful.

Thanks!

5. Max Sebring
    Max Sebring May 18, 2013 at 7:32 am | | Reply

This is very inspiring, Asha! My sister also has the same illness. We keep on supporting her and that’s the greatest help we can offer to her. I can see my sister in you. You are both strong. Keep on fighting! :-)

6. Melody Scott
    Melody Scott December 4, 2013 at 2:54 pm | | Reply

I too wasn’t aware of this disorder, although I’m aware of other eating disorders. Thanks for helping to bring this into the open. You’re very courageous.

There’s so much press about type two diabetics now, it’s good to have We Are Diabetes (WAD-I love that) as a resource for T1Ds. Great article,