1. Leighann Calentine
    Leighann Calentine January 29, 2013 at 4:27 am | | Reply

I’d like to see compatibility with the OmiPod PDM. Given that the PDM includes a freestyle meter and uses the FreeStyle Copilot software for download (NOT Mac-compatible) and the Glooko cable already works with other FreeStyle meters, I would think it’s something that can be accomplished.

I don’t need to download information about insulin delivery, etc. I just want to view blood sugars in a meaningful way.

1. John
      John January 31, 2013 at 11:43 am | | Reply

Think there might be a problem with pulling data from a pump vs a glucose meter with FDA… Also arent allowing the Spirit Combo to download glucose data… Also the Omnipod is changing its PDM’s drastically and may be waiting for that to settle before battling FDA….

2. The Sarcastic Medved Type 2
    The Sarcastic Medved Type 2 January 30, 2013 at 3:03 am | | Reply

When the iPhone 5 came out I emailed Glooko asking if they were going to change the adapter or offer a adapter so it could connect to the current iPhone.
    I was basically told tough luck.

1. John
      John January 31, 2013 at 11:41 am | | Reply

Glooko would need to get the cable re-approved from the FDA… ALso they cannot recommend you to use an Ipod connector to their new cable without getting FDA approval.. But it doesn’t mean it won’t work.. But they arent going to immediately change connectors without going through the FDA again… They cant even tell you if they are going to untill they get a partial approval!…

3. BLUEJAY
    BLUEJAY February 5, 2013 at 7:19 am | | Reply

I have successfully used an iPhone 5 with Apple’s Lightning to 30 pin adapter with the Glooko cable.

4. So, about Rock Health’s FDA 101… | Jess' Juxtapositions

[...] their Class I example didn’t have a mobile application associated with it. Glooko is a good example of the evolution of MMA stages - originally their system/cable was a Class I device – all the cable did was transmit data [...]

5. dale
    dale April 11, 2013 at 10:24 am | | Reply

My wife was diagnosed this week so they gave us a one touch 2 meter. Im a digital data guy (i work in EMR) so i was looking at a way to export the data. I found the cable that one touch sells and the one from Glooko. My question is what is so special about either of the cables? Are their cheaper alternatives for these cords?

I tried to find specs on the cables but had little luck

Any help is appreciated

6. Dean
    Dean April 18, 2013 at 11:25 am | | Reply

@dale – The Glooko MeterSync Cable is not a typical off-the-shelf cable. It is a “smart cable” which houses a microprocessor with firmware designed to parse data from all the various BG meters that it supports and communicate to the Glooko iPhone app. Until the meter market goes to bluetooth or usb, most PWDs will need the Glooko cable. Also, the lightning adapter works fine when connecting the Glooko cable to the iPhone 5 and the new iPads. Hope this helps.

7. Lenny Polley
    Lenny Polley June 30, 2013 at 8:13 am | | Reply

This is very informative. It is my first time to hear about this wonderful gadget. I think I have to update myself in diabetes tech. I feel like I’m so left behind. Thanks for sharing! :-)