1. Scott E
    Scott E January 11, 2013 at 5:25 am | | Reply

This news is one of the things that really change my mind and convinced me that Tandem is a real, serious contender in the marketplace. I’m excited to see what happens in the next few years.

2. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell January 11, 2013 at 7:11 am | | Reply

I think the stability of glucagon may be one of the hardest problems to solve for the AP — alongside algorithms. Maybe the algorithmic work will also lead to better IOB calculations for regular pumps.

I wonder if Tandem could even develop a 3 chamber system, with 2 smaller ones for glucagon with an auto switchover. Then the total lifetime would be about the same as the insulin.

I’m hoping to meet with Ed at some stage to start talking about User Experience (UX) considerations, as we’re both in MA. Thanks ‘Mine for keeping us up to date on this exciting development.

3. Lisa
    Lisa January 11, 2013 at 10:09 am | | Reply

The T- slim is a great pump! Where will the dexcom fit into this picture? I know T- slim and Dexcom have also announced a partnership

4. StephenS
    StephenS January 11, 2013 at 10:55 am | | Reply

Mike, thanks for the great information. I had heard about the possibilities of a dual-chamber pump (delivering insulin & amylin) last August, but this is the first time I’ve really read anything in detail about it. Very cool stuff.

5. Vicki Baker
    Vicki Baker January 11, 2013 at 3:05 pm | | Reply

Hope symlin and/or glucagon will be able to be delivered thru the same infusion set. Same artificial pancreas projects have chosen not to use glucagon do to research saying does not work with all Type 1′s

6. Roberto
    Roberto February 10, 2013 at 5:30 pm | | Reply

Espero que as pesquisas saíam do papel por que a demora faz com que milhares de diabéticos morram todo dia pelo mundo à fora pelas complicações da doênças acho que os laboratórios infelizmente ganham milhões de dólares com medicamentos enquanto milhões sofrem com a doênça. Com a tecnologia que temos HOJE não explica tanta demora para a criação de um pâncreas artificial que funcione…..

7. What’s your fantasy dual-chamber pump hormone? | Diabetes Blog - Happy-Medium.net

[...] has me thinking: I know that dual-chamber pumps have been in development for some time. I believe the idea is for one chamber to be able to pump insulin, and the other to pump glucagon. [...]

8. The Savvy Diabetic – From DiabetesMine.com: The Diabetes Industry Rumor Mill: CGM Pipeline Clues

[...] hoping to get our hands on images or sketches of that product, and also of the prototype combined dual-chamber insulin pump that Tandem and the JDRF have been developing, announced in early [...]