1. lloyde
    lloyde November 3, 2012 at 5:16 am | | Reply

Who to trust with health care? Who is responsible for you? That being said, you should be deciding all of your healthcare issues including cost; not an insurance company and especially not the Government.

1. bob
      bob March 27, 2013 at 12:24 pm | | Reply

Bravo. Name anything that is insured or governed which does not go up in price. Go ahead.

2. susan f
    susan f November 3, 2012 at 9:58 am | | Reply

I am a modern girl in most ways: CGMS, pumps, etc.

But dammit I love my syringes and hate the pens. I find that you have to press harder/deeper to dispense insulin from a pen, and I have to leave it under the skin for an extra amount of time or the insulin leaks out.

Plus, as a pumper, my primary source of insulin is a bottle. The needles allow for me to just carry the one ‘out of the fridge’ bottle in my purse, throw in a needle, and now I’m covered if I need to refill OR do a dose by syringe.

Pens hurt more and don’t pair well with pumps in my opinion.

3. Eileen
    Eileen November 3, 2012 at 12:46 pm | | Reply

When reusing pen needles do we need to worry about bacteria migrating from the needle tip up into the pen during the hours the pen is not being used?

4. Daniele
    Daniele November 3, 2012 at 8:40 pm | | Reply

I used lantus penfills with Luxura non disposable pen: it should cost less than prefilled pens.
    I did that because I used Luxura HD, which doses half units: it was for my little daughter.

5. DiabetesMine: The Truth About Syringes « DiabetesNews

[...] About Syringes 0 Comments To avoid the little finger for fingerstick tests. Why is that? Read more var dd_offset_from_content = 45; var dd_top_offset_from_content = 0; Category : Featured, [...]

6. ruth z deming
    ruth z deming November 9, 2012 at 3:52 am | | Reply

was interested in Claudia’s situation about where to fingerstick. as a new type 2, i’ve always included my thumb and wonder why other people don’t. so i googled and found they do use their thumbkin – on this website from the Natl Federation of the Blind. https://nfb.org/finger-sticking