1. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell October 12, 2012 at 5:52 am | | Reply

Great idea, I’m tired of carrying vials of glucose tabs in my pocket. “Are those Dex4 tabs or are you just happy to see me?” kind of problems.

Best of luck with the new product development.

1. Scott Bissinger
      Scott Bissinger October 15, 2012 at 10:42 am | | Reply

Thanks Bernard. I’m tired of the vials as well.

I’ll keep you posted on what transpires with Everyday Glucose.

Scott

2. Wayne
    Wayne October 12, 2012 at 6:50 am | | Reply

Scott has come up with a wonderful, potentially very profitable, idea. The convenience factor alone would sell the product. And different flavors – chocolate malt takes me back to my pre-type 1 diabetes childhood.

What really intrigued me, tho, was Scott’s thought about marketing to the non-diabetic community. It will increase his profits by a huge margin. It will also expand the general public’s awareness of diabetes and the challenges we go thru on a daily, no – hourly, no – minute by minute basis.

Good luck Scott!!! Live long and prosper.

Wayne

1. Scott Bissinger
      Scott Bissinger October 15, 2012 at 10:43 am | | Reply

Thanks Wayne, I am glad you like the idea!

Scott

3. Leighann of D-Mom Blog
    Leighann of D-Mom Blog October 12, 2012 at 8:28 am | | Reply

We really like the GlucoLift tabs. Maybe instead of creating his own brand of tablets, he could partner with other companies already making great tablets and they could have co-branded products.

I’m all for better portability of the products we already use.

Also, my child has way more than 10 lows a month. But it all depends in what you consider “low.” (Got a text from the school nurse while I was typing this that she’s 78.)

1. Scott Bissinger
      Scott Bissinger October 15, 2012 at 10:50 am | | Reply

Leighann, that’s a great idea!

I have used and like Gluco-Lift’s glucose tablets(my mom is a big fan as she is into organic and natural products).

It is a great product which is why I plan on creating a wallet case that fits them as well!

Thanks

Scott

4. Brian
    Brian October 12, 2012 at 8:37 am | | Reply

10 Hypos a month? I wish! I have them just about daily!

1. Tim
      Tim October 12, 2012 at 9:31 am | | Reply

I feel your pain, I’m averaging about one a day. Then I went down to the Oregon Coast for a few relaxing days and proceeded to have about two a day. Being around a group of people informed me of one of the possible causes: sleep apnea!

5. U
    U October 14, 2012 at 6:20 pm | | Reply

Those number of daily hypos are due to insulin overdose and useless nutritional labels; I had recurring hypoglicemias UNTIL I SWITCHED TO A VERY-VERY-LOW-CARB DIET and now I have none.

6. Alyssa Hamilton
    Alyssa Hamilton October 15, 2012 at 10:17 am | | Reply

A New Menu for Diabetes – available on Amazon- demystifies the latest diabetic research and combines an abundance of foods into customized meal plans for the non-cook and intermediate cook alike. Reverse or halt your diabetes or prediabetic symptoms with the right foods! Are you on a tight budget with little time? Find out how to maximize your dollars with easy meals that can be made within five minutes. Full menus for breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner and desserts are included.

Cut and paste into your browser: http://www.amazon.com/Diabetes-Nutritional-Metabolic-Prediabetes-ebook/dp/B009OTW47U/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1350320934&sr=1-1&keywords=the+new+menu+for+diabetes

7. joltdude
    joltdude October 15, 2012 at 10:58 pm | | Reply

As an aside, for ease of opening and less likely to pop open and leave a dusty mess.. Im fond of the Glucolift portable containers, still have the “happy to see you” problem but at least they open easy, but not accidentally and seem to keep the tabs from getting more nasty or humidity affecting them as quick

8. Scott S
    Scott S October 18, 2012 at 9:00 am | | Reply

I think Alyssa should put a disclaimer that she is advertising her own book.

9. Karen Rose Tank
    Karen Rose Tank March 16, 2013 at 9:02 am | | Reply

HI Scott,
    I am reading this post 5 months later and wondering how things are going for Everyday glucose? during winter months in NJ I don’t have trouble carrying my glucose tabs since I always have a jacket with pockets. However, now that spring is approaching, I would love a smaller and convenient holder for my tabs! I love the idea of something FLAT that could slide into the back pocket of my jeans. My medtronic pump goes in my front pocket.

Keep your great ideas coming… ANYTHING to help make our T1 lives easier and more convent is a blessing!

Plus.. always like an update on how your low carb diet is going!!!

All my best,