1. Betty
    Betty October 1, 2012 at 6:55 am | | Reply

My hubby actually had an accident that totaled 2 cars and almost hit the police car that got on the freeway because someone called in about driving erratically. This is actually what kicked him into spending a bit of money to get a Dexcom and some help. It’s scary. It’s worrisome for the loved ones of a diabetic who can’t help wander “what if?”

1. Betty
      Betty October 1, 2012 at 6:57 am | | Reply

That’s wOnder “what if?”

2. Denise
    Denise October 1, 2012 at 8:16 am | | Reply

Wear a medical alert bracelet! It could help make the diff bet a cop thinking you are drunk or may be sick. Also, I plan on putting a note on my dd’s license or registration when she learns to drive, “If I seem drunk call my mom–I have diabetes.”

3. Scott E
    Scott E October 3, 2012 at 7:08 pm | | Reply

I’ve had two serious driving-while-low experiences that I can remember. Fortunately, no harm was done and I had a passenger with me who could either drive for me or wait with me.

But there are still times when I test my BG, feeling fine, and see a number 55 pop up on the meter. I feel awful admitting this, but I’ve popped a few glucose tabs and went on my way, since I felt fine. I just needed to get to where I was going. Knowing the actual BG level is just part of the game. The important thing is acting appropriately when that low number appears; prioritizing safety over time; not worrying about how to pass the next 15-20 minutes sitting behind the wheel in the parking lot. It sounds easy, but when it happens, it’s really not.

4. Paul c
    Paul c October 8, 2012 at 7:18 am | | Reply

In the UK, we are subject to restrictions and can very easily lose our driving licence if we’re hypo unaware or have required assistance to deal with a hypo, even if the hypo was when not driving.

5. Walgreens Diabetes & You
    Walgreens Diabetes & You November 2, 2013 at 11:06 am | | Reply

November 1, 2013
    Spring Valley, NY USA
    Contact: Editorial Department: info@walgreendiabetes.com

Free copies of Walgreens Diabetes & You magazine are now available in all stores.

November is American Diabetes Month, and free copies of the award-winning Walgreens Diabetes & You magazine are now available at over 8,000 Walgreens locations across the country, as well as online at walgreensdiabetes.com.

Walgreens Diabetes & You’s feature article is on hip hop legend Joseph Ward Simmons, who was the lead vocalist for the rap originators Run-D.M.C. Now known as Rev Run, Simmons is an ordained minister famous for spreading positive messages via twitter on the importance of leading a happy, healthy lifestyle.

Our recipes from Betty Crocker Kitchens offers the perfect dishes for your holiday meals, including Mint-Wine Lamb Chops, Gluten- Free Harvest Pumpkin Spice Bars, Holiday Salad with Parmesan Fans and Artichoke-Spinach Lasagna.

Visit walgreensdiabetes.com for a full archive of all quarterly magazines from 2012-2013, a link directing you to our Mobile Apps for easy viewing wherever you are, as well as many other exciting features.

For a good guide to sites to blog on and/or contact about diabetesdigest.com and our magazine Walgreens Diabetes & You go to:

November is American Diabetes Month