1. Kathy
    Kathy October 27, 2012 at 7:35 am | | Reply

Old Chemstrips could be cut in half, even thirds, but that was the kind with the color-coded bottle “80, 140, what the heck, you’re fine” BG reading chart.

2. Vicki Baker
    Vicki Baker October 27, 2012 at 1:51 pm | | Reply

Thanks Wil for sharing your success with the IBstar. It’s important to hear managing diabetes improvement. Notice I didn’t use the word “control” which I agree with you on a previous post. I always look forward to your Saturday posts. Thank you.

3. Mark Peplies
    Mark Peplies October 27, 2012 at 5:57 pm | | Reply

I just don’t understand how these companys can just about give a machine to you for almost nothing, and the strips cost a fortune….
    Kind of like giving you a Rolls Royce but then the gas will be $1000 a gallon.

4. Jen Birge
    Jen Birge October 27, 2012 at 11:07 pm | | Reply

I am a diabetes educator and always tried to give people any extra strips we had when needed but they were always very expensive for our dept to purchase. It’s unfortunate – I would be interested in a reusable strip – things evolve so quickly, maybe soon.

5. DiabetesMine: How To Save Money on Strips? = Mad Science « DiabetesNews

[...] How to measure your blood glucose if you ran out of strips? Interesting blog post on the subject. Read more var dd_offset_from_content = 45; var dd_top_offset_from_content = 0; Category : Featured, [...]

6. Ben
    Ben October 28, 2012 at 7:42 pm | | Reply

I don’t even have insurance(temp worker, no benefits) and used to use this one site(www. vipdiabeticplan . com) to buy strips, cost me about 100 bucks a month. Then i was on twitter and this new company has a plan for uninsured folks like me thats only 14.99 a month!!!! they ship out a meter(nano or contour next ez) and 150 test strips, which they continue to send out monthly! Lets just say i canceled my vip plan. you should check them out www. steps-to-success . org

7. Grivin
    Grivin October 31, 2012 at 12:31 pm | | Reply

Again very informative article. every time i come to this site i found it awesome.

8. Ask D'Mine: The Next Wrong Thing : DiabetesMine: the all things diabetes blog

[...] up back with a Presto (its strips are cheaper than iBG Star’s, even though they are really the same strip just cut differently) and things settled down. Now I’m using a recalled OneTouch Verio IQ. It [...]