1. Tom Beatson
    Tom Beatson September 7, 2012 at 1:41 pm | | Reply

This was a very good description of the experience in the AP research. As a T1 with a BS degree in EE, I would like to point out that “logarithms” was used where “algorithms” was really the appropriate word.

2. AmyT
    AmyT September 7, 2012 at 4:30 pm | | Reply

@Tom – thx for catching that typo. We have fixed now šŸ˜

3. Julia
    Julia September 7, 2012 at 7:26 pm | | Reply

Okay…. This post makes me feel secure about the ability of the AP. Researchers have learned you need to factor in illness, exercise into the algorhythms…??? Hello! Forgive me, but that is very basic. They have no business testing out an AP if they haven’t figured out how to factor this. How about an AP that adjusts only when you hit very high or low ranges? And leaves part of the decision making up to the person wearing it? Or one that analyzes basals to fine tune, makes a suggestion to the user. Whereupon the user can adjust? Or not. Not liking the sound of this and I would not like to trust my daughter’s life to an AP with this model. I believe there are other AP models.

1. Kathleen Peterson
      Kathleen Peterson September 11, 2012 at 7:47 am | | Reply

I was the person being interviewed and while I can understand the concern of a model that uses this, I also know that based on the way the researchers and doctors explained, it makes complete sense. As with every FDA trial, there are many stages. I was simply in a stage where they wanted to test the algorithms that would be used for one profile. I feel like this is an amazing concept because it allows for better utilization of the data that is gathered by the pump. It takes into consideration trends of your blood sugar, which is something that should be taken into consideration when making decisions about insulin dosage.

4. Martin L. Koss
    Martin L. Koss September 28, 2012 at 11:06 am | | Reply

Whether you are in Europe or in the States, there are many retro styles for you to glimpse at and decide which ones to purchase

5. From DiabetesMine: What Is It Like To Have An Artificial Pancreas? « DiabetesNews

[...] diabetes technology, having participated in a clinical trial for the Artificial Pancreas Project. Read more var dd_offset_from_content = 45; var dd_top_offset_from_content = 0; Category : Artificial [...]

6. Mullie
    Mullie February 7, 2013 at 3:07 pm | | Reply

What actually is this artificial pancreas project? Please send me more info is it just a pump or what? With this is there no more injections?