1. Ian Darwin
    Ian Darwin August 16, 2012 at 8:58 am | | Reply

Note that Apple also supports a standardized, non-proprietary “connector” called Bluetooth ™. Vendors of medical devices that chose this standard over Apple’s proprietary and only-documented-if-you-sign-your-life-and-your-kids-for-eternity :-) 30 pin connector will not be affected by the impending dock connector change. And, their devices can work fine with Android, Blackberry, and other mobile devices.

1. Sonny
      Sonny August 18, 2012 at 2:22 am | | Reply

A bluetooth glucose meter is a fairly ancient concept indeed. And I think there are at least a few reasons why none of the ones that have been made (including the Jazz Wireless BTW) have been successful, commercial reasons aside: 1) It doesn’t really solve any sufficiently large/real problems that PwD’s have (like eliminating the need to carry a glucose meter around) to justify the cost and 2) the user experience has never been perfected (e.g., eliminating the need to pair and recharge).

2. CPABEYOND
    CPABEYOND August 24, 2012 at 4:46 am | | Reply

I love this site

3. hornetbzz
    hornetbzz September 11, 2012 at 4:59 am | | Reply

Thx for these interesting informations.

I’d like to ad about my own application designed for insulin accurate calculation, rather than monitoring data afterwards.
    Pls feel free to contact me for any question.

4. Bill Woods
    Bill Woods September 12, 2012 at 10:15 am | | Reply

Another great timely article. Thanks for keeping us informed.

5. Karen
    Karen September 13, 2012 at 8:12 pm | | Reply

I was so excited to see iBGStars’ debut release in Australia, but very disappointed that I couldn’t buy it, as I will be upgrading to an iPhone 5. iBGStar is slimline and looks great with the iPhone, having to use an adaptor would result in a rather clunky look and feel. Here is hoping that the iBGStar will be upgraded with a new connector….looks like more waiting.