1. Allison
    Allison July 24, 2012 at 4:23 am | | Reply

One that you didn’t mention is eczema. I’m not sure that it’s related to diabetes, but I just found out that my itchy and peeling hands are due to this wonderful condition (which may itself be due to allergise)! I have a medicated lotion that does make it feel so much better. It has been a problem for a few years and I just got it diagnosed a couple of months ago.

After 17 years of type 1, I blame everything that goes wrong with me on diabetes though :)

2. MikeC
    MikeC July 24, 2012 at 7:15 am | | Reply

Watching Vitiligo grow on the backs of my hands over the last 10 years has been absolutely fascinating. On the face it looks like I don’t wash, but luckily I can grow a full beard and cover most of it.

3. AmyT
    AmyT July 24, 2012 at 8:54 am | | Reply

Weirdly, my dad had Vitiligo all over his face, hands & shoulders. He was dx’d with diabetes around age 58, but told he had type 2. I now think about the Vitiligo (an autoimmune condition!) and wonder if he really was a LADA, like me.

4. Kelly Booth
    Kelly Booth July 24, 2012 at 9:06 am | | Reply

You know that someone is going to have to Google diabetic blisters! I have had some blisters popping up on my foot for no reason. I should have known that a fellow PWD would figure it out!

5. Erika
    Erika July 24, 2012 at 9:21 am | | Reply

I was diagnosed with Vitiligo at age 9 … Diabetes at 29

6. Vitiligo Natural Treatment Repigmentation | My Healthy Skin Story

[...] that the first chance you get. michael jackson vitiligo patients You can immediately identify solutions for on the ball vitiligo camouflage. That should be horizon [...]

7. Ask D’Mine: Cataracts and Being “In Range”… : DiabetesMine: the all things diabetes blog

[...] able to eff-up everything under our skins in our bodies. Well, and our skin too, come to think about it.  But I wasn’t sure about cataracts. (See?—I don’t know everything.) So I read up on [...]

8. wayne
    wayne June 7, 2013 at 7:39 pm | | Reply

Hi i was just wondering i got badly sun burnt yesterday i have used calamine lotion and its not working and the area witch is affected is my injection sites ie stumach legs and i cant inject as its that burnt what should i do ? Thanks wayne