1. riva
    riva June 11, 2012 at 9:50 am | | Reply

Wow, Amy, all I can say is thanks for this INCREDIBLE report. When in the world do you sleep? Or is that jet-lag thing workin’ for ya ;-) riva

2. colleen
    colleen June 11, 2012 at 2:56 pm | | Reply

Whew! That’s a whole lot of info!!
    Thanks –
    The LADA thing was interesting…
    And my favorite conclusion… “Maybe the next round of research here ought to be on how we can make adult diabetes care more like the nurturing world of pediatric care?”

3. Terry Keelan
    Terry Keelan June 11, 2012 at 3:21 pm | | Reply

Thanks for the comprehensive report. I had a chance to play around with the tandem pump a few weeks ago. Looks and feels great! But the software was not approved yet and there’s no meter to link to it. Still, when my current warranty expires . . . maybe . . .

4. John
    John June 12, 2012 at 1:12 pm | | Reply

What about anything wiorthwhile in the field of encapsulation by Diatranz Otsuka Limited (DOL) – formerly LCT Technologies and Nuvilux and Viacyte?

Where are we with betacell regeneration, transplantation and beta cell supply?

Oral insulin or any delivery methods NOT Sub-Q?

The techy stuff is cool but it doesn’t impact the arduous task of managing this insidious illness.

5. Elena Sainz @educadies
    Elena Sainz @educadies June 13, 2012 at 5:26 pm | | Reply

Thank you for your GREAT report, it is so helpfull when you can’t travel to ADA.

You all are very lucky, in Latinoamerica we dont have so many options, but when we know that these kind of stuff is already in USA market, we can ask for in labs and companies .

6. Dan Hurley
    Dan Hurley June 14, 2012 at 9:24 pm | | Reply

Amy, thanks so much for your awesome report. Is there a link to the latest news from DAISY regarding infant feeding and risk of type 1? I want to see that and can’t find it…

7. Sue
    Sue June 16, 2012 at 7:23 pm | | Reply

I saw the post talking about getting a new pump when the pump’s warranty is out. Check your insurance carefully. I have BC and they denied my request. My pump has been out of warranty for a couple of years now.

8. Why Can't Blood Glucose Meters Tell Me My Blood Sugar? | A Sweet Life

[...] than 16,000 medical professionals, scientists, researchers, pharma industry representatives and some well-versed patients [...]

9. Albert Kretz
    Albert Kretz September 2, 2012 at 6:51 am | | Reply

Amy,

Very well done report.

I could not attend and you are the next best one to be there.

Keep up the great work for all of us.

There is real work in development for the Artificial Pancreas. See: http://www.advancedbiosensors.com.

Keep the Faith.

Regards,

Al

10. Marina
    Marina April 6, 2013 at 12:11 pm | | Reply

can someone tell the girl who get to try artificial pancreas about pumps and cgms? her life would be so much simpler a easier!