1. Keith
    Keith June 2, 2012 at 6:03 am | | Reply

Maybe we shouldn’t beat up Paula too bad, she is, after all, a newcomer to the game. I on the other hand am a 43 year veteran and I’m still learning (or maybe the game is changing). For instance, last night I had 1/2 cup of Organic Brown Basmati rice, didn’t realize (at the time) it had 70 gr of cho, basinga…. correction bolus time.

2. Mary C
    Mary C June 2, 2012 at 6:35 am | | Reply

At first I thought they were putting potatoes *ON* the pizza, but they’re just replacing some of the wheat flour (starch) with potato flakes (starch). I would think the potatos would be healthier for the average person than wheat. And with my daughter having Celiac disease on top of diabetes, this sounds like something we might try. We’d have to use some other :”hippy-dippy” (my word for non-gluten) flour along with the potato flakes. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

3. Tim
    Tim June 3, 2012 at 12:02 am | | Reply

I’m surprised that you would recommend a glass of juice AND fruit in a meal, mostly because, with few exceptions, fruit juice is a carb bomb– taking up half your allotted carbs and being fast-acting to boot. (I only drink juice when I’m low).

4. Reyna
    Reyna June 3, 2012 at 3:21 am | | Reply

DUDE! I cannot even imagine the sodium content Levi is consuming. Good luck Levi.

5. Denise
    Denise June 4, 2012 at 8:12 am | | Reply

Mashed potato pizza sounds yum. Have you had the pizza skins at UNO’s? It’s been years but I remember them fondly.

6. Rachel
    Rachel June 5, 2012 at 1:06 am | | Reply

I’m a little torn on the Paula Deen issue. I can see why people should go easy on her because she’s “new to the game,” but she really isn’t. She was diagnosed with Type II three years ago. I’m a Type I, but I think she needs to be really careful with what she says because she is now a public example of diabetes and Type II already has so much stigma surrounding it.

7. Hope
    Hope June 5, 2012 at 11:43 pm | | Reply

This is the first time I’ve checked out this blog, just heard about it. I don’t really care about Paula Deen or mashed potato pizza, but WilD, you crack me up!! I think my blood sugar will register much lower in the morning because I’ve had such a good laugh tonight. Thanks!

8. Ophelia
    Ophelia August 8, 2012 at 8:42 am | | Reply

Give Paula a break! I’ve had type 1 diabetes for 16 years, diagnosed at 15 at the crux of adolescence. I’m still not completely compliant with all the dos and don’ts of diabetes even now. The woman is in her sixties and the adjustment is huge for a southern fried ‘gal like her. She’ll get it together eventually, but all the excess pressure doesn’t help.