1. Erin G
    Erin G June 4, 2012 at 7:05 am | | Reply

DMBooks

I’m so glad to see this. As a patient navigator/advocate, I don’t see near enough encouragement of empowering patients through technology. What a great resource this will be for everyone. Thank you and can’t wait to see more about resources for e-patients.

2. Scott S
    Scott S June 4, 2012 at 7:21 am | | Reply

Books like this are important, but I think they’re missing critical evidence the medical profession is seeking to actually see as clinical evidence they can incorporate into practice. Still, it’s more validation, and I suspect with more books on the subject, ultimately, some doctors many feel motivated to do the kind of research needed to give it the credibility it really deserves.

3. Bob Fenton
    Bob Fenton June 4, 2012 at 8:19 am | | Reply

Thank you for an interesting topic. You also did not mention alternative applications like concierge medicine, shared medical appointments, and other medical innovations fast becoming a part of medicine. E-patient is only a small, albeit important part of the changing face of medicine. Telemedicine, e-doctor are just a few of the innovations that may upset the current medical establishment.

Thanks again for an informative blog!

4. Amy Halvorson Miller
    Amy Halvorson Miller June 4, 2012 at 9:32 am | | Reply

DMBooks

Thanks for this review. I’m a new D-Mom and sincerely appreciate your site.

5. kim harter
    kim harter June 4, 2012 at 10:04 am | | Reply

DMBooks

6. joltdude
    joltdude June 4, 2012 at 10:26 am | | Reply

DMBooks

I think among patient communities, between the #doc, and places like wegohealth, diabetesmine and its affiliates, tudiabetes, diabetes daily, and other such sites, theres a general drive for diabetics to be #epatients, empowered with decision making, as well as holding the reigns on their condition and their medical data…

7. Randy Taylor
    Randy Taylor June 4, 2012 at 11:17 am | | Reply

I was diagnosed in 1997. Until a couple of years ago, had basically no issues, then I lost a toe. I’ve learned that learning is key in continuing to stay on top of things. Currently I am having issues with both feet and fighting to be sure that I keep them intact. I’m hoping that DMBooks will help me to continue my education.

8. Nancy Finn
    Nancy Finn June 4, 2012 at 12:00 pm | | Reply

e-Patients Live Longer is specifically targeted to patients to help them become empowered, engaged and educated about their health care. Seven out of 10 deaths among Americans each year are from chronic diseases, according to the CDC, and there are 346 million people worldwide who have diabetes according to the World Health Organization. These individuals need to take charge of their health and this book provides the tips and guidelines to help them. I am working on a sequel that will talk about how e-patients make the right choices regarding their health, fitness, stress management, and on another book that helps patients unstand health jargon so they can more effectivedly communicate with their doctors and nurses. My passion is to help people become e-patients and I blog on this topic at : http://goo.gl/fcGcp. Thanks for all the great feedback

9. Tim
    Tim June 4, 2012 at 4:35 pm | | Reply

I’m technology-poor, but good access to my records and keeping in touch with my doctor some way other than telephone and appointment are the LEAST I would ask. The book sounds interesting. DMBooks

10. mcityrk
    mcityrk June 4, 2012 at 6:27 pm | | Reply

DMBooks! Any help associated with getting better lines open to docs and access to personal health records is appreciated!!

11. Luis J. Bellantoni
    Luis J. Bellantoni May 8, 2014 at 10:26 pm | | Reply

Very stimulating information you have remarked, thanks a lot for submitting.