1. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell June 12, 2012 at 6:37 am | | Reply

Thanks again Amy for a great summary of what’s going on at ADA. The design on the new Dexcom looks nice, I just wish they’d kept the value to the right of the graph. That layout means they’ve lost vertical space so reading older BG values is harder because the graph’s compressed. It’s a pity that the vertical scale can’t be reduced, I imagine that the FDA wouldn’t allow it. The colors should help. I look forward to learning more about it.

2. Joe
    Joe June 12, 2012 at 6:52 am | | Reply

I tried the IBG Star meter. Did not like it at all. First off, not easy to use.
    Second, strips not covered by insurance.
    Third, for me personally it keep reading my blood sugar incorrectly.

I’m a big fan of new technology, but this device is not all that.

3. Fred
    Fred June 12, 2012 at 10:24 am | | Reply

IBGSTAR meter reads between 17 and 20mg/dl
    higher than my Freestyle flash. If doesn’t work if your phone has an iPhone Bumper. I always get code 7 and “This Accessory is not Supported by iPhone” errors. You also have to start the IGBSTAR application before plugging it into your phone or it will not download the data. Too many bugs that needs to be worked out. I returned mine.

4. Kim
    Kim June 12, 2012 at 11:45 am | | Reply

My favorite bit of all that you wrote is that Insulet is apparently admitting they were wrong about how to IOB (hinting that Minimed was right) and will change their system to reflect that. Now the Omnipod will be a perfect piece of machinery for me.

5. David
    David June 12, 2012 at 2:29 pm | | Reply

Thanks for the report, I look forward to these product updates every year.

6. Brian Grant
    Brian Grant June 12, 2012 at 7:18 pm | | Reply

The new dexcom g4 sensor you said is expected to be approved by end of march? Do you mean June? Please clarify. Thanks!

7. Wendy
    Wendy June 12, 2012 at 8:33 pm | | Reply

I always look forward to this round up after you attend the ADA!!! Thank you, once again, for such a great recap!

The IOB issue with the pod was a dealbreaker for us a few years ago. I’m happy to see that Insulet has listened to consumer feedback and implemented changes as far as IOB is concerned.

8. Jane
    Jane June 12, 2012 at 11:29 pm | | Reply

I have heard rumours that the Dex Gen4 sensor has only a 6 month life once started… Can you find out if that is true?
    I love hearing all the new news..

9. Like these links. « Happy-Medium.net

[...] Amy at Diabetes Mine has a great recap of the company updates from the Expo Floor: http://www.diabetesmine.com/2012/06/ada-2012-diabetes-company-updates-from-the-expo-floor.html [...]

10. John
    John June 13, 2012 at 7:34 am | | Reply

I’m not surprised about the issues between Regence Health and Medtronic. Medtronic is a rip-off IMO and I will never go back to them no matter how ‘great’ their products are. The JDRF supports them and now that they won the lottery (17million) the $250k per year ‘donations’ to the JDRF finally paid off.

It’s interesting to hear about the AP and to see the picture you posted and so my question is; How does this improve quality of life with T1? I also find the point about the CGSM and it NOT being a cure for hypoglycemia but the literature seems to imply it is. Just like they seem to imply the AP will ‘cure’ you of managing diabetes.

11. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell June 14, 2012 at 6:00 am | | Reply

Dexcom just announced they got CE Mark Approval for the G4, so they can start to market it in Europe and other places. I don’t expect we’ll see it in the US anytime soon.

12. Simon
    Simon June 14, 2012 at 11:32 pm | | Reply

What happened to the nano pump from Debiotech? Any news? The first prototype was in 2008, since 2010 no news…

13. Julie
    Julie June 15, 2012 at 12:36 pm | | Reply

Thanks for all the great info. on these products. I was just curious if you saw the transdermal insulin patch (u-strip) from Transdermal Specialties? I believe it works with a pump. I would love to know what you thought of it or if you spoke to them. Thanks again!!!

14. LacyJae
    LacyJae June 20, 2012 at 7:11 pm | | Reply

I just started my 11yr old son on the OmniPod!! What a time/stress saver!!! Its hard to beleave that it could get any better but we are very excited!!!

15. SallyP
    SallyP July 8, 2012 at 8:34 am | | Reply

Thanks for the updates! Great stuff! Any updates on the availability of the Animas Vibe (Animas/Dexcom hybrid) in the US? It’s been available in Europe for some time and it can’t be here soon enough for me!!

16. Yanina
    Yanina July 15, 2012 at 1:00 am | | Reply

Happy everything-I’ll be joiinng the 30 club on the 27th! That cake is so cute, and like you birthday cake is one of my favorites-I would have no trouble eating that in one sitting!

17. EASD: A Peek into the Diabetes Future, from Across the Pond | SweetInfo

[...] in many ways this event is like the American Diabetes Association’s Scientific Sessions, but EASD actually draws in about 18,000 people (more than the ADA!), possibly because D-innovators [...]

18. NewsFlash: Dexcom’s Next-Gen “Platinum” CGM Approved by FDA! | SweetInfo

[...] with the rest of the D-community, we’ve been watching anxiously for this for some time, especially after Dexcom filed with FDA in late March 2012 and the device launched in Europe over [...]