1. Scott E
    Scott E May 11, 2012 at 6:59 am | | Reply

Rock on Lorraine and Caleb! I don’t remember that much openness and Q&A about diabetes between my mother and I when I was his age (then again, we had 3x/day urine tests, not CGM’s). I also would have a hard time saying “I love you”, particularly where others could hear (I still do for some reason), even though my mother is one of the most magnificent people in my world. I love the openness and confidence!

And Amy, Mazal Tov to you, your daughter, and the rest of the family!

2. Penny
    Penny May 11, 2012 at 7:06 am | | Reply

This is so very true, and so very beautiful. Lorraine, you are such an inspiration as a friend and fellow D Mama. I am thrilled we have met, sad that we had to meet this way.
    Your care for Caleb and your love for him shines through everything. Thank you for making this, it’s marvelous!

3. Penny
    Penny May 11, 2012 at 7:13 am | | Reply

And Amy, why is there not a D-parent on the DiabetesMine team? Lorraine would be wonderful in this respect. Hope you consider adding a parent to the wonderful people you have there.

1. Heather
      Heather May 18, 2012 at 6:24 am | | Reply

Excellent – Lorraine has clearly been to my house – made me cry and laugh at the same time. Thanks for asking her to contribute.

And please please do add a D-mom to your team – those of us who mother children who are PWDs are intimately involved 24/7/365 in helping our children stay well now – and grow into adults who practice the excellent self care required to live well with diabetes. There are probably lots of us among your readers.

4. Kerri.
    Kerri. May 11, 2012 at 10:33 am | | Reply

Super cute! Lorraine is awesome.

5. Caroline
    Caroline May 11, 2012 at 11:04 am | | Reply

Bawwwwww! This warms my heart. Nice work, Lorraine and Caleb!

6. shannon
    shannon May 11, 2012 at 11:15 am | | Reply

ahhh so sweet! so true! love it all! thanks for the video lorraine and caleb! :D

7. Tim
    Tim May 11, 2012 at 11:37 am | | Reply

Almost makes me sad that I wasn’t a diabetic as a kid.

8. Ed
    Ed May 11, 2012 at 12:58 pm | | Reply

I know I couldn’t have gotten through these past few years without the help of my Mom! Happy Mother’s Day to all of you who care for a t1er!

9. colleen
    colleen May 11, 2012 at 4:14 pm | | Reply

Best wishes for a wonderful Bat Mitzvah! Enjoy!!

10. Wendy
    Wendy May 11, 2012 at 5:56 pm | | Reply

Awww..LOVED THIS!!!! Thanks so much, Lo!!! You did a GREAT job :) Caleb is amazing, and so are you!

Happy Mother’s Day!

11. WendyP
    WendyP May 11, 2012 at 7:28 pm | | Reply

Loved it! You guys are so cute!

12. Kristin
    Kristin May 12, 2012 at 8:09 am | | Reply

That is spot-on and just awesome!
    And – +1 to Penny’s comment. :)

13. Happy Mother’s Day! | This is Caleb…

[...] special weekend post for Mother’s Day thanks to DiabetesMine.com. I wasn’t familiar with this series of videos before Amy contacted me. I got a chuckle out of [...]

14. Vanessa
    Vanessa May 13, 2012 at 10:41 am | | Reply

Gotta laugh. I love seeing other moms as crazy about all this as I am!

15. Kathleen
    Kathleen May 16, 2012 at 10:51 am | | Reply

Whenever I ask my son “What does your Dexcom say?” My husband always replies from somewhere in the house with “BEEP when I’m high, and BEEP when I’m low” lol. Loved the video. Very familiar routine.

16. Cindy
    Cindy August 23, 2012 at 9:12 pm | | Reply

thanks for posting this video. Someone really knows what I go through every day. The only thing is I’m (the Mom) a diabetic also. Sometimes we check blood sugars together. I’m waiting for the day when she says “Mom, how do you feel?”

Video was excellent. THANKS!!

17. “Like, you really like it, you want more.” | #DexCom G4 Share | This is Caleb…

[...] The range – OH THE RANGE! It is unbelievable. Everything is different with the range. As the caregiver, the controls are now in my hands, where they should be. This allows Caleb a little freedom not to have to think about his BG constantly or have me constantly asking him what DexCom says, (as used to be the case, evidenced by this video). [...]