1. dargirl
    dargirl May 30, 2012 at 6:02 am | | Reply

Wow… I learned something today. I did not realize the “line thing” on the side is an indicator for how many clicks I have used or have left on the multi clix drum.

To bad the multiclix drums do not work in the new device. I have six months supply of the multiclix drums. I will have to wait a while before making the switch.

By then….there will be a new device.

2. MikeH
    MikeH May 30, 2012 at 7:58 am | | Reply

I’m not a fan of this FastClix… probably because I hadn’t used the Multiclix and don’t have anything to compare it to, except for my OneTouch lancet device that I’ve had forever and works just fine. It’s seriously not a concern to have to cock my bite-sized lancer before hitting the button, and it’s honestly much easier since it’s half the size of the FastClix and I can actually use it with one hand. But, as the saying goes, Your Diabetes May Vary. As may your lancet device choice. So, whatever works best!

3. Denise
    Denise May 30, 2012 at 7:59 am | | Reply

gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme. Where do I get it? Can I get it now? How do you tease a product and not provide a link so I can get one right now?

4. Leighann of D-Mom Blog
    Leighann of D-Mom Blog May 30, 2012 at 8:10 am | | Reply

The black version of the MultiClix has a counter in numbers, not hieroglyphs. We love the MultiClix.

And I may be the only person on the planet who thinks this way, but I wish it did let you use a lancet only once.

1. Michael Ziedman
      Michael Ziedman May 31, 2012 at 9:24 pm | | Reply

No, you’re not the only person on the planet who thinks that way ) I agree on the one use per lancet.

2. Jim
      Jim June 2, 2012 at 9:46 pm | | Reply

You can always move the lever to advance to new lancet every time. The point is you never see or handle a needle
      and it’s safe plus convienent to change to a new lancet whenever you choose!

5. Sara
    Sara May 30, 2012 at 9:31 am | | Reply

I have guest posted here about my love affair with the Multiclix so I was excited about the FastClix.

At first I hated it. The grip is totally different than how you would hold any other lancing device and that was annoying and awkward for me (you can see my awkwardness in my review here http://momentsofwonderful.com/2012/05/fastclix-lancing-device-is-faster-better/).

I think the new drum is not as stable as the old drum so it hurts a bit more than using the Multiclix.

ALL that being said, I have both the Multiclix and the FastClix in my diabetes case. I find myself reaching almost exclusively for the Fastclix.

Who knew I would be will to sacrifice quality for speed?

6. AmyT
    AmyT May 30, 2012 at 9:49 am | | Reply

I’ve played with this a little bit, but must admit I’m a big fan of minimalism/simplicity, so still love my Delica.

Who remembers our “Team Multiclix vs. Team Delica” debate? http://www.diabetesmine.com/2010/12/lancing-device-love-multiclix-vs-delica.html ;)

7. Sysy
    Sysy May 30, 2012 at 9:52 am | | Reply

I’m so getting one of these. I hate cocking my lancet device (multiclix). Sounds lazy but hey, I do it several times a day, every single day so it kind is a big deal. I change my lancet like once every 3 months so I don’t care about this telling me anything, I just love that it’s push and clix!

8. Kelly Booth
    Kelly Booth May 30, 2012 at 11:02 am | | Reply

When I got a new meter back in March, there was one in there and I still haven’t tried it yet. It takes me forever to go thru a box of lancets and I have a fairly full box of Multiclix. I don’t think I will be switching over anytime soon, not to mention I have several Multiclix and only one FastClix.

9. William Browning
    William Browning May 30, 2012 at 11:55 am | | Reply

I love mine I don’t feel it and that is a big plus for me

10. Doug
    Doug May 30, 2012 at 5:30 pm | | Reply

I wish they would make them smaller and more durable …

11. Like these links. « Happy-Medium.net

[...] Wil over at Diabetes Mine has another review of the FastClix lancing device from Roche Diabetes: http://www.diabetesmine.com/2012/05/new-fastclix-now-easier-on-your-brain-while-still-sparing-your-f… [...]

12. Tim
    Tim May 31, 2012 at 9:22 pm | | Reply

I switched over to the multiclix when my favorite standard lancing device died. Why can’t they make ANY of these lancing devices in a sturdy fashion? Someone should make a “boutique” lancet device that looks good and (most importantly) has a spring that will last or dare I say it? –has replaceable parts! I’d be willing to pay $100 for a device that works for ten years and works well.

13. JuicyMama
    JuicyMama June 1, 2012 at 4:30 am | | Reply

Upgrades are juicy! I wrote about the changes I’d like to see to this new lancet device, from a parent’s point of view, on my blog at http://www.deletediabetes.com/2012/05/a-new-lancet-device/.

14. Kathy
    Kathy June 1, 2012 at 5:53 am | | Reply

Why write about something that doesn’t seem to be available to everyone yet?

1. Krissy
      Krissy June 2, 2012 at 9:25 am | | Reply

The FastClik comes in the Aviva Plus meter kit. :)

2. Wil
      Wil June 2, 2012 at 9:26 pm | | Reply

Kathy–my wife was enjoying hers so much I went online and bought one for myself mail-order for $14 bucks. There were a ton of places selling them, so it seems widely available!

15. Hope
    Hope June 6, 2012 at 12:12 am | | Reply

I have been a type 1 for about 40 years now. In all these years, I have never had a lancet device break. I change devices only for the sake of trying a new one. My husband found a coupon online for a free Delica, so I thought I’d try it, and I love it. I never feel it pierce my fingertip.

16. Ask D’Mine: Pinky Pokes and the Truth About Syringes : DiabetesMine: the all things diabetes blog

[...] at the same time, the more painful it can get. And, of course, some lancing devices are just plain better than [...]

17. Debbi Thomas
    Debbi Thomas January 5, 2014 at 9:48 am | | Reply

I am just getting started with all of this. I am disabled due to chemicals causing brain damage. It causes my motor-controls to not work. I think this lancing device would be easier. I have one question. It looks like the multiclix can be used on your arm, etc. I couldn’t find that the fastclix could. I think I am more likely to get my arm ok than my finger. Thank you.