1. Kristin W
    Kristin W April 5, 2012 at 7:10 am | | Reply

Wow. I wish I had some of that gratitude and optimism. What an inspiring story, Aisha! You seem a genuine advocate for people’s selfcare. I am sure you will make a huge impact in diabetes awareness and acceptance, not only in UAE, but also (obvious from your post here) the world. Congratulations on being such a high-spirited advocate!

2. k2
    k2 April 5, 2012 at 8:37 am | | Reply

Your father is a very wise man, your mother is incredibly loving and you are a wonderful combo of the two.
    So inspiring & thank you for sharing!

3. Vanessa
    Vanessa April 5, 2012 at 8:59 am | | Reply

I am going to copy the quote that your father told you at diagnosis and send it to my son. That was beautiful! Thanks!

4. Ken
    Ken April 5, 2012 at 9:22 am | | Reply

Thank you so much for sharing you story.

5. Tim
    Tim April 5, 2012 at 11:17 am | | Reply

It is true that God has given us a gift. Imagine if we were alive 100 years ago. We would only live a year or so, instead of the many years we can live because of the development of insulin. Your parents are loving and wise, too. Thank you for sharing your story.

6. Terry
    Terry April 5, 2012 at 12:51 pm | | Reply

Thank you for telling your story here. You indeed are a very lucky person to have such wise, loving, and supportive parents.

Your description of diabetic health care in your country is an “eye-opener” to many in the West, particularly the U.S. So many of my fellow citizens here in the U.S. still cling to the belief that the U.S. health care system is the best in the world. Your story emphasizes that the U.S. has a long way to go to catch up to such a wonderful and caring system they you enjoy in the U.AE.

Good luck to you!

7. David
    David April 5, 2012 at 9:08 pm | | Reply

I agree that US health care should be improved but the situation isn’t comparable to the UAE which enjoys tremendous wealth and thus resources to expend on diabetes.

8. susan f
    susan f April 5, 2012 at 9:26 pm | | Reply

Great post! I’m curious on how often most patients are able to visit the centre – it sounds like you must be close to it.

I find that to visit my ‘center’, it is at least a half day off work due to travel time, wait time, etc. I would never be able to go once/every two weeks! How enviable!

9. Neesha
    Neesha April 6, 2012 at 9:51 am | | Reply

What a wonderful post! It makes me want to come to the UAE to get my diabetes care.

10. Hiba
    Hiba April 6, 2012 at 9:52 am | | Reply

Waaw Aisha Thanks for sharing your story and i do really agree with you all you said about Abu-Dhabi diabetic center
    each time i visit and finish all my needs being done in less then an hour and carry all the needs informations,supplies,medication,appointments,referals
    i thanks to Allah 100 of times,
    thanks for the goverment for all efforts,i do really appreciate

11. Chris
    Chris May 28, 2012 at 12:59 am | | Reply

Did you heard about “ampalaya plus” its an all-natural herbal supplement gathered from clean, pollution-free farms. Ampalaya (Momordica charantia) is a nutritional vegetable listed as a medicinal plant in the Philippine Pharmacopoeia. Banaba (Lagerstroemia speciosa) is a herb tradionally used as a diuretic. Luyang Dilaw (Curcuma longa) is a strong natural anti-oxidant.

Recommended Dosage:
    1 to 2 capsule, 10 minutes before every meal. 3 times a day.

it well help you manage your diabetes.

you can check this site