1. kathy mauriello
    kathy mauriello March 14, 2012 at 6:04 pm | | Reply

this is kathy mauriello i would like to know why the only people that are on medicare you always help the people that are on medicare you help them but the people that are not on medicare you dont help i have been trying to get a medical bracelet and a concore machine to check my sugar and you people say we only help the people on medicare i really dont think that is fear i am on a low income and really need the help these people that are on medicare get everthing but the people that are on title 19 dont get anything could you please give me a answer please you have my address please thank you kathy maurielloand i think you should think of us first and not the medicare people i worked all my life but not old enough to get medicare please answer me i will be waiting for your answer thank you

2. Mike Hoskins
    Mike Hoskins March 14, 2012 at 7:26 pm | | Reply

Thanks for this informative post, Amy. Good to see what the ADA has on its radar strategically.

3. kathy
    kathy March 15, 2012 at 4:10 am | | Reply

I’m glad to see the funding for long term research. Most diabetes studies require a long period of testing to factor out the many variables that can affect blood sugars.

4. John
    John March 16, 2012 at 1:09 pm | | Reply

I would like to know when we are going to see anything worthwhile come out of the Scientific sessions (72nd)? We keep hearing about all this progress and breakthroughs but nothing at the bedside. What we do see is fingerpointing at the FDA as being a barrier, costs or supply? Bottom line, where is the progress? We keep hearing its a marathon and not a sprint.. Isn’t 80 years of sub q insulin a marathon like no other? To me, you’re all two-faced tied to big pharma, academia, and other industry. Any type of real progress will more than likely remain in ‘academia’ while the rest of us suffer and or die from Type 1 diabetes.. To me, your scientific sessions are just an excuse to get together, waste money, vacation and pat each other on the backside.

5. karl Fenn
    karl Fenn March 24, 2013 at 3:03 pm | | Reply

Interesting article, I am in the process of researching different countiries, and the rise of diabetes, I just accessed the Dublin Site on medical research, diabetes in the irish Republic has hit
    14% of the over 40 population, they have some interesting web
    sites and advice on diabetes, it will be intersting to find the countr with the lowest rates of diabetes.

6. Bill Quick
    Bill Quick July 22, 2014 at 11:37 am | | Reply

Is it true that Hausner is leaving ADA? If so, any idea why?