1. Alex
    Alex March 7, 2012 at 5:19 pm | | Reply

I am not a pumper, but I do some programming. I find it very embarrassing that a company owned by Johnson and Johnson made such a huge mistake. The code to solve this problem is not very complex, all things considered. If I were a pumper, I would be very upset with J&J.
    My two cents at least.

2. Joe
    Joe March 8, 2012 at 4:43 am | | Reply

I am not a pumper either, but know a lot of programmers. The mistake that J&J made is inexcusable.
    Also another rant; why are pumps running on mid 20th century technology?
    Just my opinion.

1. programmer
      programmer March 9, 2012 at 1:08 pm | | Reply

what 20th century technology are you talking about? You can probably thank the FDA for slow modifications to pumps. It takes 5 years to get one approved.. So it is 2005 ish.. For example, your pump can’t talk to your iphone because the FDA would have to “approve” that too.
      Good or bad, that is reason. BTW, that is also why they dont have a new one every year but about every 5….

3. programmer
    programmer March 9, 2012 at 1:04 pm | | Reply

I am a programmer and I can tell you that this bug is an amazing one. The time was fine for everybody except those who were setting their clocks.

Thankfully daylight savings time and Feb 29th were not on the same day.

I am guessing the part of the time change procedure that checks for skipping from one day to another must have failed to recognize Feb29 from the actual time stamp that was used for all the other important stuff. THen the “change” was flagged as invalid and not changed.

Oddly the pump user I know was changing time zones that day and discovered it.

I doubt it really caused any problems that day but could for those moving a large number of time zones, but again only on that day…

4. sharon
    sharon March 13, 2012 at 7:23 am | | Reply

I noticed that my son’s Ping changed from AM to PM on that day.

5. programmer
    programmer March 19, 2012 at 10:30 am | | Reply

parents of type 1 diebetics need to stick together.. as such.. i laugh with you when i ask.. did it change from AM to PM near 11:59 AM?

(wink.. keep up the great work with your kids!)

6. Sarah
    Sarah March 26, 2012 at 12:21 pm | | Reply

I just got the approval and everything for my new Ping. Apparently, they’re not sending any new ones out until they fix the bug. It’s an annoying delay for me, but at least they’re fixing the problem.