1. Gary Bryce
    Gary Bryce June 5, 2012 at 1:17 pm | | Reply

I was in a test trial by Lily of a product just like this. They ended it 2010 and said that the FDA did not approve it…While on the test trial my blood sugars were consistently 85 to 130. Even when I ate my snickers bar.

I was saddened when it was not approved… I hope this is the same as the trial. I have been fighting with my BS being around 200 ever since I stopped that trial study.

2. WOB
    WOB July 31, 2012 at 2:27 pm | | Reply

Took my first injection today of Bydureon. Setting up for injection is a little involved, but I was able to mix, assemble and inject all within a couple of minutes. Seeing that this is a once a week treatment it’s no big deal. I’m looking for to the hunger suppressing effect it has more than the blood sugar control. I am getting great control (< 6.0 A1C) with my insulin alone, but found that the Byeta I took really knocked down my hunger cravings. For the first time in my life I actually forgot to eat! My endocrinologist says this new drug is even more effective in that venue.

3. Zafar Yusaf
    Zafar Yusaf August 27, 2012 at 12:31 pm | | Reply

I have just tried bydureon for the first time just a bit worried as I am on insulin and it states in the information leaflet should not be taken with insulin…. I just hope it works and lose some weight i started putting on with insulin.

4. Frankie
    Frankie September 1, 2012 at 8:36 am | | Reply

My blood sugar is high with Bydureon. I took Victoza and it stayed under 200 no matter what but the thought of just one shot a week sounded great! May not give it two weeks! It has not controlled my blood sugar!

5. Lulu
    Lulu September 5, 2012 at 9:36 am | | Reply

It took at least 2 weeks for BS to come down and now my Dr is not going to add a night time insulin for me because my numbers have improved so much.
    I have not been on insulin and was not exciteded to start. Give it a little time you might be surprised! Good luck!

6. Zafar Yusaf
    Zafar Yusaf September 5, 2012 at 10:51 am | | Reply

Do not think it works for me, unlike byetta that put you off food altogether bydureon has no effect on me my sugar still the same after two weeks using it.

7. JUDIANNE
    JUDIANNE September 28, 2012 at 9:27 am | | Reply

OK.. JUST STARTED WITH MY FIRST INJECTION OF BYDUREON THIS MORNING. I AM ALSO ON 3 OTHER MED, METFORMIN, AMARYL AND LANTUS AT NIGHT.
    AFTER READING THE DO’S AND DON’T ON THE BYDUREON SITE, I AM AFRAID TO TAKE MY LANTUS BEFORE BEDTIME AS IT CLEARLY STATES ON THE SITE NOT TO MIX IT WITH INSULIN. I HAVE A HISTORY OF MY BS DROPPIN TO 40 TO 60 VERY QUICKLY SO IF IM SLEEPING AND THIS HAPPENS.. I’DE CROAK!! HAVE A CALL INTO THE DOC’S AND AM WAITING FOR HER TO CALL ME BACK. IF SHE DOESN’T GET BACK WITH ME I WILL NOT TAKE THE LANTUS TONIGHT AND CHECK MY BS IN THE MORNING TO SEE IF THE BYDUREON KEPT IT GOOD OVERNIGHT. HAVE A HISTORY OF BS RISING HIGHER OVERNIGHT AND THATS WHY THE LANTUS WAS GIVEN ABOUT 4 MONTHS AGO. I’LL KEEP YA POSTED.

1. JUDI ANNE
      JUDI ANNE October 25, 2012 at 11:41 am | | Reply

OK. THIS IS WEEK 4 ON THIS DRUG. WENT TO ENDO THIS MORNING AND I WAS HAPPY TO FIND OUT I HAD LOST 4 POUNDS! THAT IS MAJOR FOR ME AS I HAVE NO THYROID EITHER SO IT IS MAJORLY HARD FOR ME TO LOOSE WEIGHT. MY SUGAR WAS HIGH AT HER OFFICE THIS MORNING.. 241.. ON AN EMPTY STOMACH WITH ONLY 3 POWDERED CREAM AND 2 EQUALS COFFEES. I HAVE BEEN UNDER ALOT OF STRESS THIS AND LAST WEEK AS MY DEAR PUPPY OF ALMOST 10 YEARS PASSED AWAY.. FROM BELIEVE IT OR NOT DIABETIES! HEWENT INTO KIESODOSIS AND THEY WERE NOT ABLE TO BRING HIS BLOOD GLUCOSE LEVELS DOWN AT ALL. THEY WERE GIVING HIM FAST ACTING INSULIN EVERY HOUR FOR 7 HOURS STRAIGHT AND IT KEPT GOING UP.. SO HIGH IT WOULD NOT EVEN REGISTER ON THE METER.. IT JUST CONSISTENLY SAID HIGH. WHEN I TOOK HIM IN AFTER HIM NOT EATING FOR A DAY IT WAS AT ALMOST 800. SO NEEDLESS TO SAY I HAVE BEEN QUITE EMOTIONAL THE LAST FEW DAYS AND FEEL THIS IS WHY MY SUGARS ARE HIGH. MY EMOTIONS FOR SOME REASON DO EFFECT IT. ALSO JUST COMING OFF A 2 WEEK SINUS INFECTION.. SO ILL SEE HOW TOMORROW GOES.. I HAVE NO SIDE EFFECTS WHAT SO EVER FROM THIS DRUG AND BOY IF I CONTINUE TO LOOSE WEIGHT I WILL BE SO DAMN HAPPY. THE DOCTOR WAS EXCITED TO. I TRULY DONT HAVE AN APPETITE AT ALL AND WHEN I DO EAT I FILL UP PRETTY DANGED FAST. ILL KEEP YOU POSTED. I GO BACK TO ENDO ON 12-18.. AND WILL HAVE AN A1C RUN.. I HOPE IT HAS GONE DOWN.

8. cher
    cher October 13, 2012 at 11:06 am | | Reply

I am on bydureon 4 weeks now, my bs is running high (225 to 350) all day and night, it is freaking me out. But my dr says it will correct itself though it may take another 3 to 5 weeks for that to happen, he said it needs to build up in ur blood overtime. His biggest reason fr putting me on this was to help me lose weight, no matter what I do I can’t lose anounce, he swears this will help me. When I first started byetta 3 yrs ago I lost 70 lb in 8 weeks. I guess we will see.

9. FISH
    FISH October 14, 2012 at 8:02 pm | | Reply

I have been on Bydureon for 20 weeks now,I haven’t lost any weight.But my BS #’s are better. I was told by a Nurse Practitioner that the Bydureon is overhauling my metabolic system and to give it 6 months to see any weight loss. It’s also causing constipation. :O

10. Jim Malveaux
    Jim Malveaux October 28, 2012 at 11:14 pm | | Reply

I have pretty good insurance. What is the co-pay on this?

11. Jim Malveaux
    Jim Malveaux October 28, 2012 at 11:16 pm | | Reply

what is co-payment?

12. Phyllis Jones
    Phyllis Jones October 31, 2012 at 12:33 pm | | Reply

I just purchased my 1st RX of Bydueron and was shocked when the pharm. gave me the bill ofo $71.00. My response was “are you kidding? Answer, no, your insurance just paid $ 300 somthing for it. I am on a tight budget and am worried that this chunk of change may be a problem even tho I know Victoza which I’ve read has side effects that sound pretty serious, would mean probably paying even more. I am wondering if a different pharmacy ( I used Walgreens) like Wal-Mart might be cheaper? Maybe I should call them and find out. My MD’s comment when I asked about Victoza was that it was very expensive. I wonder what she would call the Bydueron cost?

From the comments by others on this site, I am going to have to try this out for a month and see if it does make a difference in my A1C or even my daily checks. I was on Byetta and when i moved I decided to ask about the newer drugs. Little did I know that it is the same med. as Byetta only in a different form but requiring a bit more involvement in preparing an injection.

1. Zafar Yusaf
      Zafar Yusaf October 31, 2012 at 1:04 pm | | Reply

I very much doubt it you will get it for any less i did’nt expect bydureon to be so expensive in UK it is free for us luckily. I personally think byetta is more effective then bydureon.

13. A Long-Acting Form of Byetta for Treating Diabetes

[...] revealed early this year 2012. For more information on Bydureon, I highly recommend reading Diabetes Mine and David Mendosas take on the new [...]

14. A Long-Acting Form of Byetta for Treating Diabetes | Diabetes Center

15. Ed Greenberg
    Ed Greenberg January 10, 2013 at 11:23 am | | Reply

This stuff is great. I have consistantly better sugars, both morning and during the day. I credit this to acheiving 100% compliance on taking this, as opposed to Byetta, which I would miss whenever I found myself eating out unexpectedly.

The injection process is certainly “clunky” but it’s doable. I’m concerned about the first time I have to be out of town on my injection day. If I have to travel for several days and keep it refrigerated, it’ll add a level of complexity that I don’t need, but we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Waiting for my first A1C…

1. Jen M.
      Jen M. March 11, 2013 at 6:42 pm | | Reply

The product can be unrefrigerated for up to one month… so when you travel, it should be fine until you can get it into a refrigerator later that day. (I found this info in the pamphlets that came with my bydureon kits.)

16. Galen Schum
    Galen Schum January 31, 2013 at 10:08 pm | | Reply

I have been taking Bydureon for 6 months with good results, however three out of the last four injections I have had problems with not being able to push in the plunger. Tonight I injected myself at least 6 times without being able to deliver a complete dose. I tried changing the needle which did not help. Any suggestions? Am I not mixing it well enough? I give myself injections in my upper thighs, should I try another site? I am at the point of discontinuing use if I can’t resolve this.

17. Julie
    Julie February 12, 2013 at 10:32 pm | | Reply

Have heard people worrying about keeping Bydureon cold during travel. I remembered reading something about this on p. 6 of the Bydureon booklet that comes with the 4 pac.
    Store refrig 36F to 46F

If needed, you can keep your Bydureon tray out of the refrig at 68F to 77F for up to 4 weeks

Protect from light

I don’t know if this is a new addition to the instructions or not, but it seems with reasonable care, traveling shouldn’t be a problem….I had always used just a regular cooler for insulin, but we only travel by car….I guess if you fly things might be different.

18. Deborah
    Deborah March 8, 2013 at 3:45 pm | | Reply

I have been taking Byduron for about a week and a half. Have taken 2 injections and my doctor told me that it would take at least a month or so to kick in but it would. I take Lantus one injection in the morning only and also taking Victoza lowest injection and 40 of lantus. As soon as I finish the Victoza I am suppose to stop taking it for about 2 weeks more. Since I got off most of the insulin i was taking i have lost 15 lbs in about 3weeks. my legs would swell up all the time now there are normal insulin does all kinds of things to your body. The mixing part is challenging but I have more poisitive results with this than anything else. My blood sugar is high 199-275 but my doctor is not concerned he told me it would be like that until this buduron took effect.

19. JUDI ANNE
    JUDI ANNE March 8, 2013 at 5:14 pm | | Reply

HERE I AM BACK AGAIN, 5 MONTHS SINCE MY LAST UPDATE. I SEVERLY INJURED MY BACK RIGHT AFTER MY PET PASSED AWAY IN OCTOBER/12 (2 COMPOUND FRACTURE OF 2 DISC’S AND TORE ALL OF THE MUSCLES FRONT AND BACK SURROUNDING MY PELVIC AREA. I WAS LAID UP AT HOME WEARING A BACK BRACE FROM THAT POINT UP UNTIL ABOUT A MONTH AGO. I FINALLY GOT IN TO SEE MY ENDO AND WE WERE BOTH WONDERFULLY SURPRISED. MY A1C FROM SEPT/12 WAS AT 8.9. IT IS NOW RIGHT AT 7, MY CHOLESTERAL IS 194 THE FIRST TIME IN ABOUT 15 YEARS IT HAS BEEN UNDER 200 AND THE BEST OF ALL IS I HAVE LOST 29LBS!! HER WORDS EXACTLY ARE THE BYDUREON IS WORKING THE WAY IT IS SUPOSSED TO BE FOR YOU AND SHE WAS VERY HAPPY ABOUT IT AND SO WAS I. WITH HAVINIG TO BE A SLUG AND SITTING FOR ALMOST 5 MONTHS WITH NO TYPE OF EXERCISE AT ALL I THOUGHT FOR SURE MY WEIGHT WOULD HAVE GONE UP, BUT IN THINKING BACK I HAVE NOTICED THAT I CAN’T HARDLY EAT LESS THAN HALF OF WHAT I USED TO EAT AND I THINK THAT IS WHAT BYDUREON IS HELPING ME TO.. CONTROL MY WEIGHT BETTER. I HAD MY THYROID REMOVED IN FEB/12 AND EVEN PRIOR TO THAT I HAD PROBLEMS CONTROLLING MY WEIGHT DUE TO THE METFORMIN. I JUST COULD NOT LOOSE ANY NO MATTER WHAT AND I HAD A VORATIOUS APPETIE ALONG WITH IT. I QUIT TAKING THE LANTUS MYSELF AT THE END OF OCTOBER AND I NOW TAKE THE METFORMIN TWICE A DAY, THE BYDUREON ONCE A WEEK AND 1 1/2 MGS OF ARMYRL AFTER 2 MEALS A DAY. I CAN ONLY ENCOURAGE ALL OF YOU TO GIVE THE BYDUREAON AT LEAST 6 MONTHS TO START SHOWING YOU SOME RESULTS. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THIS DRUG, OTHER THE THE 2 OR THREE LUMPS THAT CONSISTENTLY STAY ON MY STOMACH WHICH IS A NON-HARMFULL SIDE EFFECT OF THE SHOT.

20. Lp
    Lp March 25, 2013 at 6:29 pm | | Reply

I injected my 7 th dose of bydureon this morning. Not only does it not help me to lose weight, it makes me uncontrollably hungry! I was on byetta for almost two years and then it lost its effectiveness. I got down to a normal weight. Size 4 I was thrilled! I tried victoza to no avail, went back to byetta, nothing and then bydureon. I went to dr today and she agreed it just isn’t working for me and I am stopping it and going back to byetta. Hopefully it works again as I have gained 10 pounds without really changing my diet. Anyone experience this hunger on bydureon?

1. JUDI ANNE
      JUDI ANNE March 25, 2013 at 9:20 pm | | Reply

LP..I AM REALLY SORRY YOU ARE HAVING THIS KIND OF REACTION TO BYDUREON. I FIND IT DOES JUST THE OPPOSITE FOR ME. I HAVE TO ALMOST REMIND MYSELF TO EAT AS I HAVE NO APPETITE AT ALL TRULY. IT WAS THE BYETTA THAT DID NOTHING FOR ME EXCEPT MAKE ME SICK TO MY STOMACH THAT WAS IT! ARE YOU MAYBE TAKING METFORMIN AS PART OF YOUR DRUG USAGES. I KNOW THAT MAKES A PERSON HUNGRY AS ALL GET OUT… ESPECIALLY IF ITS A NEW DRUG FOR YOU.

1. Rita Louise
        Rita Louise April 3, 2013 at 1:57 pm | | Reply

I hope you are feeling better and glad that you are having good results. I am due to take my 9th dose soon. I have not lost any weight and it only suppressed my appetite for a few days. I take spells where I am starving. Dr took me off all other drugs but was having high numbers. I take 1/2 glipizide at night. Now have good morning numbers. Read that since this slows stomach contents from emptying, you need to check 4 hours after meal-not 2 hours. No issue with nausea or injection sites for first 2 shots. Shot #3 introduced major, ceaseless itching and huge welts/discoloration on my stomach. Good think I’m not wearing bikinis! Itching has settled down but still hits at times. My numbers were high at first, then lower, and last 2 weeks going higher again. I go to exercise class 4x a week, am active other days but still struggle to keep from gaining more weight. I am not very compliant with diet, I must confess. Try to stay away from white carbs/sugar. My starting a1c was 7.6. I will post my next a1c result – that will be the true test. Good luck to everyone.

2. Greg
        Greg April 8, 2013 at 12:31 pm | | Reply

I too have experienced loss of hunger and weight loss while initially on Byetta. This stopped working for me on Byetta. I moved to Bydureon and now get exceptionally hungry usually within an hour after meals. Bydureon is working to control my blood sugar just fine, but I lost the weight controlling effects. My endocronologist just says she is not sure why it works well for some and not others.

1. Kat Rinehart
          Kat Rinehart June 21, 2013 at 3:25 pm |

I am just about to take my 8th week of Bydureon injections – and I still have a small hard lump from each and every one. All fo the injection sites have gotten red and itchy for a few days, but none of the lumos have faded yet! I’m going to look & feel like a bag of marbles soon… Anyone else have this problem??
          Also… I have a pendulum effect for appetite: periods of very light nausea and loss of appetite as well as periods of increased appetite! So far my weight loss has been very minimal… fingers crossed that things pickup.

21. Lp
    Lp March 26, 2013 at 8:15 am | | Reply

I am on metformin, but have been for awhile now. I was on it alongside the byetta and was fine. I know it seems crazy since it is the same drug just delivered differently. I am just hoping the break from byetta will make it effective for me again this time, otherwise my doc said I will just be off everything except metformin.

22. Lp
    Lp March 26, 2013 at 8:16 am | | Reply

Congratulations on your success!

23. JUDY
    JUDY April 2, 2013 at 6:56 am | | Reply

I have been on Bydureon over 6 months and have found that my sugar level a1c 5.6. I have lost a few pounds but not as much as my doctor or myself expected being on this drug. I have found the needle when injecting hurts alot. Can a smaller needle be used? I can live with the side effects of lumps on injection site. And what is the best place to inject this drug? It not the same feeling as getting a flu shot as some articles suggest.
    judy

24. Hans Halpern
    Hans Halpern June 4, 2013 at 6:08 pm | | Reply

I have type II for many years and tried to lose weight for all of them without success. I did control my glucose levels relatively well with two types of Insulin. About 10 weeks ago I saw a TV program about animal produced toxins and how these toxins can be beneficial in medical applications. One of the toxins discussed was the saliva toxins of the Gila Monster and its benefits for Diabetes control. I spoke to my doc. and asked for Bydureon for which he gave me a prescription. I am now in my 9th week on Bydureon with great success. My A1C is now at 6.9 and I have lost 12 pounds from 270! Only 58 to go!!! Two effects I found from taking “Lizard Spit” is the reduced capacity to eat and constipation. The first 4 weeks I had some problems with burping up unprocessed food and acid during my sleep, primarily bread. I changed my food intake times and the problem disappeared. My BS levels throughout the day are now pretty low to the point that I am no longer taking any food time insulin. I did have 4 hypoglycemic sessions early on after starting Bydureon which was rather unpleasant to say the least and I am still very aware that I better have sugar pills with me at all times, especially when I am riding the bike. Having to prepare the shot isn’t a big deal and the thicker needle isn’t all that bad. Some folks here talk like it’s the thickness of a knitting needle. Maybe I have fewer nerve endings or the fact that I inject in my belly blubber :o ) All I can say is: I am glad to have met the Bydureon “Lizard Spit”. So far it has already changed my life – to the better.

25. Robert
    Robert June 26, 2013 at 1:41 pm | | Reply

There’s a phase 3 trial going on now where they put Byetta in the same delivery system as the birth control implants. Implanon works for a year at a time. Assuming they can get Byetta to be delivered in the same way that would be an great development. 1 year implants for type 2 diabetes.. whoo hoo!!

26. Julie
    Julie June 26, 2013 at 4:54 pm | | Reply

Have used Bydureon since near end of last year. After a few bouts of sickness….seemed my system was a bit too stopped up just past the 3rd injection…food wouldn’t go through….I discovered if I take it every 10 days rather than every week, it is a much better plan. It is cheaper that way and I think it is about the right dose for me. I would hate to see someone stop taking it because they keep getting nausea and vomiting, when possibly they might be able to adjust the dose like I did, get the same results cheaper. For me, it was way better than Byetta….I think because it does not have the same preservative….I am afraid that putting it in a pen and adding back the preservative may be a step backward for me, at least. Also, I don’t find mixing it up once every week (or 10 days in my case) is a problem….the larger needle surprised me by not being a problem either. I,m noticing some people don’t seem to think it helps with weight loss or hunger….I’m wondering if sort of like the reverse of my situation, some might need a larger dose or more frequent application. I hope the company is assesing how frequency or dosage amount might work better if reassesed. Otherwise, I think it is a great product. Do we know either what the mice or people that have had trouble were eating….seems that might have some effect. I was not told to stop my insulin but noticed I didn’t need as much (I check my blood sug fairly often as it has always been unpredictable.) And the insulin I did take didn’t stand in the way of losing weight. I eat a pretty careful diet so it was nice to finally start losing weight rather than gaining.

27. Darlene Hall
    Darlene Hall July 8, 2013 at 7:44 am | | Reply

I have been on Bydureon for 6 weeks now and this is the first injectable I have used. My BS are starting to come down to a very manageable level 120′s most of the days and nights. I like the stuff. I have the hard lumps on my stumach but that’s fine with me as long as my BS are good. I do be nasuated and have some small headaches but I beleve in time these will go away. I have lost 12 pounds so far and I am thrilled. I like the stuff and so far have had good resluts

28. Lp
    Lp July 8, 2013 at 1:10 pm | | Reply

Are any of you worried about the risk of pancreatic and thyroid cancer? I went off all injectable s after I asked my pharmacist about the risk. She said if there is any way you can avoid taking these kinds of meds avoid it! I am pre diabetic and after 3 months off injectibles by a1c went up to 6.1 from 4 and I have gained about 15 pounds. I am starting a weight loss program and am hoping losing some weight will bring down my levels. Before Byetta it had been almost impossible for me to lose weight so I am worried I will have to go back onto something, but the risks are very scary.

29. Julie
    Julie July 11, 2013 at 3:34 am | | Reply

I was worried about the side effects, but kept reading on the net and I think maybe these are occassinal events that show up with most anything….but of course pancreatic and thyroid things are pretty important things to worry about. I eat healthy foods that work for me (garden provides organic and is good excersise) and I don’t drink or smoke. I don’t have the usual culprits like high blood pressure, chlosterol, etc. I think these things could have a bearing on making this stuff more or less risky. I take vites and mins and some herbs…..don’t think I need as much of this stuff when on Bydureon so think my body works better on Bydureon….BUT didn’t on Byetta….it has a aedditional chemical preservitave, not needed in Bydureon because you mix the stuff and take it immediately….I would prefer it stay this way (safer) because Byetta made me really sick….shut down my whole digestive system.
    . I’m usually not crazy about medicines but if my blood sugar is off, that’s not good either and the side effects are pretty serious too. I believe it is a trade off I feel comfortable with…..but didn’t until I did a lot of reading. MOST IMPORTANT I seem to do best on a ten day schedule….I think some of the digestive problems I had at first were because the doses were overlapping….I read so much about digestive problems….I am wondering if some people would do better on a lighter dose like I do (for that matter maybe some would need more….like other meds that have different doses available) ….also 3 doses a month instead of 4 saves $$, and I don’t get sick.

1. Jason bradshaw
      Jason bradshaw September 4, 2013 at 10:33 am | | Reply

I have been on bydureon for 4 months and love it I can’t do no wrong my bloods are fantastic but I’m on the verge of asking my doctor to take me off I’m worried sick about Pancreatic cancer and Thyroid Tumours it even comes up on the nhs Website and the British medical Journal Advocating caution so I don’t know what to think … I have 4 small children so don’t want to gamble with a drug that can cause cancer… Any advice please

30. Cookie
    Cookie December 22, 2013 at 9:12 pm | | Reply

I’ve just started on this bydureon one week now and I get slight nausea, headaches and constipation which I hope will improve as the weeks go by. I did Byetta which only worked for a couple months because I developed inflamation in my pancreas and had to stop using it. I’m hoping bydureon won’t do that. My sugars are elevated and high for a very long time I hope bydureon will help to correct along with some weight loss I’m looking for two. They say you need to be on it for 2 to 6months to see some results so I’m hoping this works for me.

31. Melissa
    Melissa January 9, 2014 at 4:13 pm | | Reply

I took this drug for the first time Sunday night and I am still sick. I have been to the ER and family doctor 4 times in the past few days due to this drug it is poison. Non-Stop projectile vomiting, diarrhea that can’t be stopped and blurred vision and so much else. I am going to work to get his poison off the market.

32. Ron
    Ron May 14, 2014 at 11:18 am | | Reply

Strange reading about peoples different reactions to byetta. I took it for several years with no bad effects,i didnt have any bad reactions at all. I did worry about any pancreas problems from taking it.I quit because of the cost. Im on insulin and looking to try this newer version. Im seeing if my insurance well cover it.The weight gain with insulin sucks.
    I always kept byetta in an thermos,and put that in a small cooler with ice when traveling.

33. SlimShadySkip
    SlimShadySkip May 29, 2014 at 3:45 pm | | Reply

just a note for people who have mentioned having a problem with pushing thru the needle and the plunger getting stuck.

This is why they include TWO Syringes with the Kit. If it is Not mixed up thoroughly then there is a chance that a tiny piece can get lodged in and plug up the syringe. Just Shake it to mix up a bit better and pop the second syringe onto it. Should work just fine after that. I have never had both syringes get clogged.

Hope this helps. Personally I have noticed a great improvement in my BS with the Bydureon. After being diagnosed I went almost 5 years without Treatment at all. They gave me Metformin at first but it TORE My Stomache Up BAD… So I stopped taking it and didn’t treat at all. My BS was constantly 260 and UP. As high as Almost 400 most days and NEVER Came Down. EVER… Even After Fasting for almost 36 to 48 hours my BS would show over 200 Still. THIS was the biggest deterant to me treating my BS levels as I Never saw any Corelation with Eating and BS going Up and then Fasting and it going Down. Never did what it was suposed to do.

After finally getting serious, my dr put me on Fast Acting and Long Acting Insulin. After about a month of taking it serious I finally started to see my BS doing what would be expected (up and down with Meals and Fasting).

I got it Really Under Control, For the first time Ever I had my Fasting BS Under 100 and after meals it was only going up to about 240 or so At The Highest.

I actually got my A1c down from 14 to just over 7 in about 4 months of using the Fast & Long acting Insulin.

Shortly after getting things rolling, my dr switched me off the fast acting insulin and put me on Bydureon. I haven’t noticed any weight loss. My BS doesn’t seem to be as low FASTING as it was with the Fast Acting Insuliln. and I have fallen into not testing as often as I was with the Fast Acting Insulin. But I get my A1c tested again this week after about 6 months of being on the Bydureon and we will see how it is doing Overall…

Thanks for all your comments and this thread has been really inspiring to get back on track and stay on track.

Scott