1. Roselady
    Roselady January 10, 2012 at 7:40 am | | Reply

I’m glad it’s here. But, it still seems lke we should already have access to this kind of technology. Wireless is already everywhere.

2. James
    James January 13, 2012 at 6:28 am | | Reply

Wow, what were they thinking about having a NEW meter the size of and iphone. Why oh why does the price of test strips not decline since the technology is not new. For those of us who test 6 times a day at $1.00 per strip ,not counting the ones with error reading. Oh my gosh, now they have discovered bluetooth. Hey guys, why aren’t the test strips used for the lancing device? Stick us then suck our blood with the same strip. We want you to make is simpler and smaller Type 1 for 53 years

3. mickey22
    mickey22 February 11, 2012 at 5:42 pm | | Reply

how can they make a meter that says “do not use near a cell phone”???? What? What is near? What is the risk? Well, the user guide says you could get a false result or error. I am good w error but false high or low? Could checking near a phone (even if i remember to turn mine off) change the result? So, never in a Starbucks or any public place? and what is near? 5 feet? 25 feet?

wow. I will put this in my closet with all my other antique meters that are antiques… maybe they think cell phone use will die off

4. Megan
    Megan May 7, 2012 at 12:42 pm | | Reply

you can get this meter free from one touch until july 31 2012 just call and quote this number 1-866-339-3041 i received this offer in via a medic alert mailing. the meter does come with everything needed to get started including case / test strips / lancets and cable to the computer. the offer is available in canada only unfortunately.

5. john
    john May 9, 2012 at 1:50 pm | | Reply

let get down with the strips prices and then maybe then we will go for it?

6. Robert N.
    Robert N. May 11, 2012 at 12:10 pm | | Reply

I agree! It’s so common now for glucometer making compaines to just GIVE away their meters – with 10 test strips. But AFTER that… I’m on an insulin pump full time but normally can only test 3 times a day — 4 on really difficult days — because of the cost of ONE box of test strips. And that’s with insurance yet!

Can somebody tell me what a PWD is? I”ve got the P for “pump” and D for “diabetic” or “dependent” but the W…?

Comments appreciated. I’m a Type 1 diabetic for over 50 ye years now.

7. anon