1. Kim
    Kim January 25, 2012 at 6:21 am | | Reply

Excited to see a Dexcom app for phones! How great would that be? No more egg!

2. Bennet
    Bennet January 25, 2012 at 6:38 am | | Reply

Thanks for this great round up Amy! Lots of interesting things to follow as the came to market.

3. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell January 25, 2012 at 7:46 am | | Reply

This is a great round-up Amy, thanks. I wonder how quickly the newer glucose meters for the iPhone may get approved by the FDA.

4. Scott E
    Scott E January 25, 2012 at 10:03 am | | Reply

The Medtronic car integration is a step in the right direction. I can’t tell you how many times I’m driving and feel my pump vibrating against my hip – so I either ignore it (and it vibrates again 5 seconds later) or remove my seatbelt to retrieve the pump and divert my eyes from the road to see what the big deal is. (“Low Reservoir”? I knew that… I’ve got time. “High predicted?”, thanks, but not at the expense of Car Crash predicted).

5. katerina
    katerina January 25, 2012 at 2:04 pm | | Reply

Not very exciting for me. I hope that at some point one of these companies will start to really improve their sensors ie size of needle, size that is stuck on your body, accuracy etc rather that giving us a cooler look of viewing the same data

6. David
    David January 25, 2012 at 3:21 pm | | Reply

I am pleased to see that Dex + smartphone is off the drawing board. I prefer it over integrated pump because I access cell phone as frequently as Dex whereas only need to pull out pump maybe 4x in a day. A pump can get buried under the covers at night. This is a great idea.

7. alexis newell
    alexis newell January 25, 2012 at 8:21 pm | | Reply

Dexcom + andriod?? Whhohoo! Love seeing all the awesome things to come!

8. deborah
    deborah January 27, 2012 at 5:28 am | | Reply

A close relative works for Ford and one of the children of Edsel Ford has a Type 1 child. This is probably a small part of the reason Ford is focussed (no pun intended) on helping diabetics while driving. And I”m glad they are working on it!

9. Sandi
    Sandi January 29, 2012 at 8:21 am | | Reply

Love the Android app. What I REALLY want, though, is to be able to see my daughter’s Dexcom data remotely. I wish it would show up on my Android phone while she’s at school. There’s got to be some way to transmit the data between phones??

10. Tony
    Tony June 26, 2012 at 5:30 am | | Reply

Touching on Ford’s idea, how about a GPS that can receive a signal from your CGM? I don’t travel too much but when I do the GPS is on the dash where I can easily glance at it. Pretty much everyone has a GPS these days and I’m willing to bet that not as many have a smart phone, I don’t. Beside the phone is usually in your pocket and as accessible as your pump when an alarm sounds. The signal could go to the GPS on the dash and not only warn you visually but also verbally.