1. Anne Findlay Dowling
    Anne Findlay Dowling January 7, 2012 at 8:59 am | | Reply

Great post! I have always thought that daily work/life stress worsened my control because I was too busy to pay as close attention as when I was less stressed, not because the stress itself led to high BGs. (not necessarily because I cared any less either.) So it’s great to hear that I am not alone! Definitely, though, intense physical stress and even mental stress associated around a physical event (such as a bike race), can cause my BGs to go up! This is why I increase my basal rate a few hours before the beginning of races!

2. Mary C
    Mary C January 7, 2012 at 3:35 pm | | Reply

So after we separate them, are we supposed to eat the wheat, or the chaff? Or maybe we’re supposed to smoke them! As a educator you need to be clearer.

3. Rodneytzn
    Rodneytzn January 8, 2012 at 11:00 am | | Reply

Here is an example of the misinformation relating to cinnamon,
    Will thanks for all you do. Regards

4. Lili
    Lili January 8, 2012 at 12:23 pm | | Reply

They never even specify what they mean by “cinnamon” – it can refer to so many different things.

5. Sue
    Sue January 8, 2012 at 1:10 pm | | Reply

Please help get the word out on the Phase II Clinical Trials by Dr. Faustman (Harvard, Mass General Hospital). Her website is: FaustmanLab.Org. Learn more about this possible cure.
    Thanks!

6. mollyjade
    mollyjade January 9, 2012 at 8:56 am | | Reply

Finally, some validation. My BGs go down when I’m under extreme stress (not daily, traffic kind of stress), and endos always look at me like I’m an alien when I say this.

7. susan
    susan January 13, 2012 at 10:50 am | | Reply

At one point in my working carrer, I did an office survey of who almost never got respiratory ailments – especially throughout the winter months – all those who were on the ‘never sick’ list also had a decent daily intake of cinnamon – just because they liked it/ it was the way their mother had prepared some foods/ the basic cultural diet required cinnamon. Blood sugar was never mentioned!