1. Carol
    Carol November 14, 2011 at 11:35 am | | Reply

I was trying to sign the petition but as I do not live in a “state”, I live in a province which of course are not on that list.

2. steve
    steve November 14, 2011 at 12:50 pm | | Reply

Blue is the color for child abuse. I mentioned the blue circle to my daughter, and she thought it was quite silly.

3. steve
    steve November 14, 2011 at 12:58 pm | | Reply

Probably NOT the best time to steal blue from child abuse… ya think.

4. Renee
    Renee November 14, 2011 at 4:44 pm | | Reply

I can’t really believe the negativity going on here! “Stealing” the color blue? I’m kind of in shock.

5. Mary Fairweather Dexter
    Mary Fairweather Dexter November 15, 2011 at 6:47 am | | Reply

There are only so many colors to choose, unless we go with puce or cerise, or something on the infrared spectrum.

6. Walter Ecker
    Walter Ecker November 17, 2011 at 11:49 am | | Reply

I really enjoyed reading this post. I even learned a thing or two from it. Great job!

7. Mark-John Clifford
    Mark-John Clifford November 17, 2011 at 10:08 pm | | Reply

Well Blue has been used for many groups and organizations. Using the color blue is like using words from other organizations without giving credit or seeking permission. The color blue is only recognized by the IDF actually along with the circle. Other colors we have polled have been Orange, Turquoise, Purple, Green Apple. We altered our logo to use those colors as well as tie in the blue circle. We may not agree with the work of the IDF here in the US since they do not help at all over here but until a better symbol is found we will support the circle with colors other than blue.

8. steve
    steve November 21, 2011 at 8:54 am | | Reply

I’m looking forward to an article from Amy explaining her plan of action with regards to Mr. Clifford’s comment. ;)

9. Meet the HAAwards Winners: Amy Tenderich | WEGO Health Blog

[...] than that, I’m excited to see how World Diabetes Day on Nov.14 is really starting to gain traction in the United States. The International Diabetes [...]