1. Andrew
    Andrew November 3, 2011 at 7:24 am | | Reply

I use a pen. I have had times that I forget if I have injected or not for a meal. Since we pen user diabetics have to inject so often, it’s hard to recall if your memory of injecting was this time or the last. My method is to check my blood glucose level before the meal. I then take out the pen from the kit and leave it out until I have injected (either before or after the meal, depending…). This tells me that if the pen is outside of the kit, I have not injected. If the pen is put back into the kit, I have injected. Simple and low tech. It works for me.

2. Paul Pro
    Paul Pro November 3, 2011 at 9:31 am | | Reply

I have one word for you: INNOVO. it had a 12 hr timer built-in.
    I miss my Innovo’s dearly – after almost 5 years of use it was so hard to go back to “regular” pens

3. colleen
    colleen November 3, 2011 at 5:10 pm | | Reply

Forgetting – it was one of the reasons I wanted a pump. So many times I wondered did I or didn’t I. Great idea!

4. diabetic survial kit
    diabetic survial kit November 3, 2011 at 6:00 pm | | Reply

This looks like a very useful device. Over the years, I have had many patients call not remembering if they took their shot. How much does this device cost and is it readily available right now?

5. Doug
    Doug November 3, 2011 at 7:58 pm | | Reply

GREAT IDEA !!!
    - its one of the BIGGEST reasons I like the pump.
    It wouldn’t be hard to add a simple IOB as well … for REV 2

6. Susan Moolman
    Susan Moolman November 4, 2011 at 4:07 am | | Reply

Thank you for the great interview, Allison!

I am responsible for the communications for Timesulin. We’ve been blown away by the response to Timesulin from PWDs, doctors and nurses – it’s a simple solution to a very real problem.

We are currently in the very final production phase and aim to start selling early in December – via our website and also through distributors.

Please sign up to our newsletter via our website to be alerted as soon as Timesulin becomes available: http://timesulin.com/contact-us

We appreciate all the comments and hope you’ll help us spread the word so we can help make life a little easier for those living with diabetes.

Susan

7. Caroline
    Caroline November 9, 2011 at 11:07 am | | Reply

I imagine this would be useful to people who are traveling/changing time zones, as well– so that you can figure out how to space your long-acting insulin doses over a time change. Now, is there an alarm function? That would be the next step in not forgetting insulin….!

8. John Palaima
    John Palaima December 6, 2011 at 5:57 pm | | Reply

I think this would be an inexpensive, effortless and practical solution… Im very fond of the Memoir pen by Lily but the cartridges are not covered the same as the disposables.. And there is something simple about just replacing the cap, instead of loading a cartridge based pen. And more insulins come in disposable pens at least in the US.. I thought the innovo was a great idea, but all these devices are a bit bulky.. So Timesulin would be one stop modernizing for ALL insulin pens, and perhaps other pharma that uses a 12 hour cycle..