1. Sysy
    Sysy November 21, 2011 at 7:06 am | | Reply

DMBooks!

I love all his advice.

“It’s always better to go natural. This isn’t a just a trend. You have to start eating this way. You don’t want to eat canned, processed, and over-preserved foods. If you’re going to jump on a bandwagon, this is the one.”

YES. Thank you.

2. carl murdock
    carl murdock November 21, 2011 at 8:01 am | | Reply

DMBooks

3. Jennifer
    Jennifer November 21, 2011 at 8:08 am | | Reply

DMBooks

I love to make soups but hating having to use some much heavy cream to get the right consistency. I like the suggestion for almond milk, I’ll be trying that next time.

4. Laura Takach
    Laura Takach November 21, 2011 at 9:06 am | | Reply

Please enter me in the sweepstakes! Book sounds great.

“DMBooks”

5. Karen Goldstein
    Karen Goldstein November 21, 2011 at 9:34 am | | Reply

DMBooks! How inspiring. Great article, great tips, and looks like a terrific book. Thanks for sharing.

6. Tracy Mackey
    Tracy Mackey November 21, 2011 at 11:32 am | | Reply

Great advice for everyone!

DMBooks

7. mary
    mary November 21, 2011 at 11:57 am | | Reply

My boyfriend of 8 months is diabetic and was not eating well crashing, and scaring the heck out of me when we first met. I’ve since changed his eating habits and he is eating less processed more fresh and local foods. I cook a lot for him and helping him plan meals for the time we are not together. I have been trying to develop dessert recipes for him using healthier ingredients like xylitol, stevia, and alternative flours and flours. I would love a book to help him continue his journey to health.

8. Roselady
    Roselady November 21, 2011 at 1:54 pm | | Reply

DMBOOKS!
    I’d love to read this guy’s cookbook.
    And look at some of his creative ideas.
    With a 4 year old diabetic, I probably won’t be able to get him to eat any of it — but I know I’ll enjoy it all!

9. pearlsa
    pearlsa November 21, 2011 at 1:59 pm | | Reply

Great advice about using natural products. this book is just what I need to live The Sweet Life.

DMBooks!

10. Hannah McD
    Hannah McD November 21, 2011 at 2:47 pm | | Reply

DMBOOKS, please! :)

A dreamy celeb chef talking about eating healthy and using ingredients even my vegan pals will embrace? Yes please. :)

11. Sara
    Sara November 21, 2011 at 3:36 pm | | Reply

DMBooks

He’s hot ;)

12. Megan
    Megan November 21, 2011 at 5:23 pm | | Reply

DMBooks!

I have been a fan of Sam’s since his Top Chef season.

13. Victoria
    Victoria November 21, 2011 at 6:49 pm | | Reply

Um, what Sara said. Hotness. I was a little excited to learn I’m already cooking with and eating some of his suggestions. Maybe I should be a chef. On second thought, probably not. Either way, thanks for the blog and the helpful advice. DMBooks!

14. T1 in Boston
    T1 in Boston November 21, 2011 at 10:13 pm | | Reply

Somehow I’d be afraid to be a chef as T1 – this is really inspiring. I love the photo with the needles, strips, yummy looking granola (on a grinding stone?) against the natual backdrop – makes being t1 the most natural thing in the world!

This is all really cool, and I should put this book on my holiday gift list. (unless, of course, I win it on …DMBooks! :c).

15. Phyllis
    Phyllis November 22, 2011 at 4:03 am | | Reply

Oh Sam, I wish I had known about your cooking prior to today.
    You talk of natural and normal eating for a diabetic. Something I am trying to learn. If I don’t win his book, I’ll be buying it! Cause I want to eat like Sam.

DMBooks!

16. Amber
    Amber November 22, 2011 at 8:02 pm | | Reply

DMBooks!

17. Jasmine
    Jasmine November 24, 2011 at 3:14 am | | Reply

DMBooks!! I would absolutely love to read this book. Although I’ve never seen Sam in action on Top Chef (not really a TV watcher….), I’ve loved learning about him through the DOC and I think his approach to food and eating is so smart.

18. Carolyn Andrews
    Carolyn Andrews November 25, 2011 at 6:03 am | | Reply

DM Books! I’m ready to remake my eating habits…. please DM Books…. choose me!