1. Kim
    Kim October 11, 2011 at 6:28 am | | Reply

Great video, Allison! This made me cry all over again! (Shocking…)

2. Jacquie
    Jacquie October 11, 2011 at 7:27 am | | Reply

Crying!

3. Jess
    Jess October 11, 2011 at 7:40 am | | Reply

wow. fantastic job, allison! and i’m crying again too!

thanks so much for coming, and for putting the video together! :)

4. Scott K. Johnson
    Scott K. Johnson October 11, 2011 at 7:53 am | | Reply

Thank you Allison for making this. The entire experience was so moving. I know many could not be there, but this little video gives them at least a taste of what it was like.

5. Michael Hoskins
    Michael Hoskins October 11, 2011 at 8:04 am | | Reply

This is outstanding, Allison. Thanks for this… what a great rundown and snapshot to share with the community and world beyond.

6. Bernard Farrell
    Bernard Farrell October 11, 2011 at 8:06 am | | Reply

Great video, I’m annoyed I didn’t hear about Simonpalloza until it was all over. :-( The video really shows how much fun it is when a whole load of PWDs get together!

7. Meagan
    Meagan October 11, 2011 at 8:30 am | | Reply

Aw, such a wonderful story! I also didn’t hear until it was over sadly….I would’ve LOVED to have met you all. Hope Simon can do it again sometime…perhaps an even bigger meet up next year? I’d be there in a heartbeat! Thanks for sharing this Allison, looked like a blast!

8. Penny
    Penny October 11, 2011 at 8:42 am | | Reply

So wondrous in so many ways! What a great example of the supportive DOC!

9. Kelly Rawlings
    Kelly Rawlings October 11, 2011 at 9:26 am | | Reply

Love the video (great camera work, Eric!). Thanks for capturing some of the many wonderful moments when members of the DOC gather. Remember, next meet-up is 2013 in Adelaide!

10. Michael Ratrie
    Michael Ratrie October 11, 2011 at 10:28 am | | Reply

Sweet, awesome, inspiring!

11. Karen
    Karen October 11, 2011 at 12:00 pm | | Reply

Add me to the list of people crying while watching the video!! Great job – thank you for letting all of us feel like we were right there in Kansas City with you. And I’m counting down the days until the NYC leg of the Simonpalooza tour!!

12. Lili
    Lili October 11, 2011 at 1:48 pm | | Reply

So that’s what it was! Sounds fun.

13. victoria
    victoria October 11, 2011 at 2:15 pm | | Reply

Great video! I can’t believe I was able to come and be a small part of it. This community truly is something special, and we’re a force to be reckoned with. I’m so happy for Simon, and I’m thrilled he was able to come to America! Thanks for the great video and post Allison! It was fantastic meeting you and Eric!

14. Cherise
    Cherise October 11, 2011 at 4:40 pm | | Reply

I’m crying! I need more tissue!

15. karend1
    karend1 October 11, 2011 at 5:27 pm | | Reply

Goosebump City!!!!!!!!!

16. Sherry
    Sherry October 11, 2011 at 6:40 pm | | Reply

Awesome! I love being a part of this community. I want to hug you all!

17. shannon
    shannon October 11, 2011 at 7:32 pm | | Reply

beautiful! thanks for taking the time to shoot and edit and share this video! :)

18. MelissaBL
    MelissaBL October 11, 2011 at 8:35 pm | | Reply

SUCH a wonderful recap, Allison! Thank you for putting it together!!!!

19. J.A. Neitzel
    J.A. Neitzel October 11, 2011 at 10:34 pm | | Reply

Yay, too awesome for words :)

I guess it just goes to show that the DOC is “stronger” than any “one” person. But isn’t it neat how the network of DOC connections can turn into something so amazing? Simon must be famous by now… ;)

Thanks to everyone involved & to Allison for putting the video together so that others can share our joy!

20. David
    David October 12, 2011 at 5:22 am | | Reply

this is cool!

21. AmyT
    AmyT October 12, 2011 at 8:18 am | | Reply

This sounded like SO MUCH FUN, and I’m so sorry I missed it! Simon, I hope to meet you some time myself — maybe you’ll make it back to the States for some diabetes event soon?

22. Moments of Simonpalooza | Moments of Wonderful

[...] this point, I don’t know if I can say anything about this past weekend that hasn’t already been said (better than I ever could). I’ve been asked before why I take so many [...]

23. Tina Shaye
    Tina Shaye October 14, 2011 at 3:28 am | | Reply

So, I changed my plans for Saturday, was ready to go the NYC meetup and then I chickened out. I know most of the people that will be there but I have been absent in the community lately. Now after reading this and watching the video- I am changing my mind again lol and planning to go. Great post! Awesome video!!

24. A night out with the #OzDOC crowd « Diabetogenic

[...] not mine to tell.  But you should look it up. Google #Simonpalooza and let yourself be guided to blogs, vlogs, YouTube and Twitter to let the story unfold. I will give you the dot point [...]

25. Social Networking’s Impact on Diabetes Management…? : DiabetesMine: the all things diabetes blog

[...] a year ago in Kansas City, when about two dozen DOC members (myself included!) got together for Simonpalooza (a “tour” by an Australian online diabetes advocate) and one evening answered a survey [...]